Christian Brueckner, the prime suspect in Madeleine McCann’s disappearance, has revealed his post-prison plans in a bombshell new interview.
The 48-year-old convicted paedophile has vowed to flee and disappear after his prison release later this year, and has hinted at escaping to a country without an extradition treaty with Germany before going into hiding.
Speaking from his prison cell, Brueckner mentioned that he was looking forward to a “nice steak and a beer” upon his release.
He also raged at how “half the world considers me a cruel rapist” for his naming as the lead suspect in Madeleine’s vanishing.

Madeleine McCann disappeared during a family holiday in 2007PA
But his words have met with scorn by German broadcaster RTL’s interviewer Ulrich Oppold, who said: “I had the feeling that I was looking at a man who was not aware of any guilt.”
German authorities have launched an extensive new search operation around Brueckner’s former Algarve home as they race against time to find evidence before his release.
Some 30 officers from the BKA, Germany’s equivalent of the FBI, arrived in Portugal on Tuesday morning to begin fresh searches on the outskirts of Praia da Luz.
The operation is using ground-penetrating radar equipment capable of scanning up to 15ft below the surface.

German authorities have launched an extensive new search operation around Brueckner’s former Algarve home
REUTERS
The radar uses high-frequency radio waves to detect unusual features in the soil, allowing police to probe a wider area without unnecessary digging.
Searches are set to cover a 26-mile strip of land around Brueckner’s former cottage, focusing on 20 plots of land east of the Algarve resort town.
The operation will concentrate on a wooded inland area known as Atalaia, roughly a 10-minute drive from where three-year-old Madeleine went missing in 2007.
Detectives will focus on groundworks, wells, ruins and water tanks. Two wells will be emptied and searched, according to local media reports.
Police sources told Portuguese media they are looking for Madeleine’s body or any indication she may once have been there.

Detectives in Portugal will focus on groundworks, wells, ruins and water tanks
PA
Brueckner is currently serving a seven-year prison sentence for raping an American tourist in Praia da Luz in 2005 and is due to be released later this year.
The latest searches represent the most extensive operation since 2008 and are believed to be a final push to secure forensic evidence required to charge him.
In 2023, police carried out unsuccessful searches near the Barragem do Arade reservoir, 30 miles from Praia da Luz.
Philipp Marquort, one of Brueckner’s lawyers, previously said: “If I were him, I would leave Europe and look for a state which doesn’t extradite to Europe or Great Britain, maybe like Suriname.”
News
NETFLIX SH0CKER: ICONIC FRENCH DRAMA RETURNS AFTER 5 YEARS — FANS CALL IT A “MASTERPIECE COMEBACK
Netflix users, this is not a drill! The highly-acclaimed French comedy-drama, Call My Agent!, is returning to screens five years after its final episode. The series, which first premiered in 2015, is returning to the platform as a feature film this autumn,…
BBC VIEWERS ARE LOSING SLEEP OVER THIS HIDDEN DETECTIVE GEM — A RETIRED STAR + A BRILLIANT DETECTIVE = THE TV OBSESSION NOBODY SAW COMING
The BBC’s cosy mystery drama, Death Valley, returned on Sunday night with its anticipated second season, and viewers can’t get enough of the new episodes. The series follows the unlikely crime solving duo: retired actor John Chapel and eager Welsh detective…
WE FELT UNSAFE MOST OF THE WAY… — INJURED TOURIST MAKES CHILLING CLAIM AFTER DE-ADLY Gumlu BUS CRASH
A survivor of a deadly bus crash which killed a young tourist has claimed the driver warned passengers the vehicle was “not the best one” before it allegedly began moving erratically and rolled off the road. Chilean tourist Barbara Goncalves told 7NEWS…
PLEASE DON’T LET MY SON D-I-E FOR NOTHING… — HEARTBROKEN MUM’S EMOTIONAL PLEA AFTER 14-YEAR-OLD D-I-E-S IN VIC CRASH LEAVES AUSTRALIA IN TEARS
A heartbroken mother has issued a sobering plea to young criminals after her 14-year-old son was killed in a stolen car crash in Victoria. Chereeta Wightman is desperate for the death of her son Connroy to not be in vain…
THAT’S A BIG SHARK, MAN… — CHILLING NEW SIGHTING OFF Rottnest Island DAYS AFTER THE DE-ATH OF Steven Mattaboni LEAVES BOATERS STUNNED
Terrified fishermen have filmed the moment a five-metre-long great white shark menaced their small boat just off the coast of Rottnest Island shortly after the fatal attack on a devoted dad-of-two. Steven Mattaboni, 38, died on Saturday morning after being…
“10 SH00TINGS. 2 TEENS ARRESTED. ONE SUSPECT STILL MISSING” — AUSTIN POLICE ISSUE URGENT UPDATE AS CITYWIDE INVESTIGATION EXPANDS
Authorities in Texas have arrested two of the three suspects in a series of shootings that took place across Austin over the weekend, leaving four people injured. Austin Police Department Chief Lisa Davis said during a press conference on Sunday, May 17,…
End of content
No more pages to load