Netflix users, this is not a drill! The highly-acclaimed French comedy-drama, Call My Agent!, is returning to screens five years after its final episode.
The series, which first premiered in 2015, is returning to the platform as a feature film this autumn, with the original cast set to reprise their roles.
© Netflix
Camille Cottin and Laure Calamy reprise their roles in the upcoming Call My Agent! film
The drama, which viewers have hailed as a “masterpiece,” became a global success on Netflix during lockdown and was praised by TV critics for its sharp writing and excellent performances.
Camille Cottin was a stand-out as the ruthless, seriously chic talent agent Andréa Martel in the series, which followed the lives of the talent agents working at a top Parisian film agency.
Recommended videoYou may also likeWATCH: Have you seen the English remake, Ten Percent?
Find out more about the upcoming film below…
What to expect from the new Call My Agent! Film
The upcoming film, which is penned by show creator Fanny Herrero alongside Lison Daniel, picks up five years after the agency closed its doors and finds Andréa directing her first feature film.
The synopsis continues: “When her lead actor quits and she falls out with her producer, she joins forces with Noémie—now a successful reality TV producer—believing she can easily manipulate her. But as she faces a complete recasting, on-set disasters, and a legal battle threatening the custody of her daughter, everything begins to unravel.
© Netflix
The film arrives on Netflix this autumn
“One by one, the former ASK colleagues converge on this high-tension film set. Each arrives with their own role, their ego, and a fair share of old grudges—little do they know what this reunion truly has in store for them.”
Sharing her excitement about the project, creator and writer Fanny told Deadline last year: “I’m so happy to write for them again.
“They are so inspiring, I love them all,” she said of the characters. “And the fact that I left and it’s been almost five years now since the last season was released, [makes] it so good to be back again together.”
Who stars in the new film?
Camille Cottin will return as Andréa, alongside Laure Calamy as Noémie Leclerc, Thibault de Montalembert as Mathias Barneville, Grégory Montel as Gabriel Sarda, Nicolas Maury as Hervé André-Jezak, Fanny Sidney as Camille Valentini and Liliane Rovère as Arlette Azémar.
© Netflix
The film comes five years after the final episode aired
Also starring in the new film are Laetitia Casta, Vincent Macaigne, Ophélia Kolb, Anne Marivin and Laurent Lafitte.
What is Call My Agent! about?
Set at a top Paris talent agency, the series follows the chaotic lives of agents as they scramble to keep their A-list clients happy and the business afloat after the founder’s death.
© Netflix
The new movie follows Andréa as she directs her first feature film
When will the Call My Agent! film be released?
Mark your calendars as the film arrives on 10 September.
SOURCE: https://www.hellomagazine.com/film/902042/netflix-masterpiece-drama-call-my-agent-to-return/
News
BBC VIEWERS ARE LOSING SLEEP OVER THIS HIDDEN DETECTIVE GEM — A RETIRED STAR + A BRILLIANT DETECTIVE = THE TV OBSESSION NOBODY SAW COMING
The BBC’s cosy mystery drama, Death Valley, returned on Sunday night with its anticipated second season, and viewers can’t get enough of the new episodes. The series follows the unlikely crime solving duo: retired actor John Chapel and eager Welsh detective…
WE FELT UNSAFE MOST OF THE WAY… — INJURED TOURIST MAKES CHILLING CLAIM AFTER DE-ADLY Gumlu BUS CRASH
A survivor of a deadly bus crash which killed a young tourist has claimed the driver warned passengers the vehicle was “not the best one” before it allegedly began moving erratically and rolled off the road. Chilean tourist Barbara Goncalves told 7NEWS…
PLEASE DON’T LET MY SON D-I-E FOR NOTHING… — HEARTBROKEN MUM’S EMOTIONAL PLEA AFTER 14-YEAR-OLD D-I-E-S IN VIC CRASH LEAVES AUSTRALIA IN TEARS
A heartbroken mother has issued a sobering plea to young criminals after her 14-year-old son was killed in a stolen car crash in Victoria. Chereeta Wightman is desperate for the death of her son Connroy to not be in vain…
THAT’S A BIG SHARK, MAN… — CHILLING NEW SIGHTING OFF Rottnest Island DAYS AFTER THE DE-ATH OF Steven Mattaboni LEAVES BOATERS STUNNED
Terrified fishermen have filmed the moment a five-metre-long great white shark menaced their small boat just off the coast of Rottnest Island shortly after the fatal attack on a devoted dad-of-two. Steven Mattaboni, 38, died on Saturday morning after being…
“10 SH00TINGS. 2 TEENS ARRESTED. ONE SUSPECT STILL MISSING” — AUSTIN POLICE ISSUE URGENT UPDATE AS CITYWIDE INVESTIGATION EXPANDS
Authorities in Texas have arrested two of the three suspects in a series of shootings that took place across Austin over the weekend, leaving four people injured. Austin Police Department Chief Lisa Davis said during a press conference on Sunday, May 17,…
DON’T REDUCE HIM TO HIS WORST MOMENTS… — GRIEVING FAMILY DEFENDS TEEN K-I-L-L-ED IN H0RR0R CRASH AS ONLINE BACKLASH GROWS
A notorious teen offender who was killed in a horror crash in an allegedly stolen ute over the weekend has been remembered as a ‘precious’ and ‘beautiful young man’ by his family. Conroy, 14, died after the allegedly stolen vehicle…
End of content
No more pages to load