Police in New South Wales are investigating whether a Swiss couple were filming dolphins on a GoPro camera at the moment a savage shark attack unfolded at a remote, unpatrolled beach on Australia’s Mid North Coast. The horrifying incident, which occurred on Thursday morning at Kylies Beach in Crowdy Bay, has left a 25-year-old woman dead and her 26-year-old boyfriend fighting for his life after a desperate and heroic rescue attempt.
According to authorities, the couple had been swimming in the early hours of the morning when the attack occurred. It is believed they had been recording marine life, possibly dolphins, using a GoPro camera shortly before the shark struck. Investigators are now reviewing whether any footage captured on the device could provide critical insight into the moments leading up to the attack.
Emergency services were called to the scene after reports that two swimmers had been mauled by a shark at the isolated beach, which has no lifeguard patrols. When paramedics arrived, they found a devastating scene. The woman had suffered catastrophic injuries and could not be saved. Her boyfriend, badly wounded to his leg, was found nearby in critical condition.

Police believe that after the shark attacked, the young man fought back against the animal before dragging his gravely injured girlfriend approximately 50 metres through the water and onto the sand. Despite heavy blood loss and serious wounds, he refused to leave her side, continuing to call for help until others arrived.
He was later airlifted to hospital by rescue helicopter, where he underwent emergency surgery for severe leg injuries consistent with a shark bite. Doctors say he remains in a serious but stable condition.
Local residents described the attack as one of the most traumatic events the region has experienced in years. “This is a quiet, beautiful stretch of coast that people come to for peace, not for something like this,” one resident said. “Everyone is absolutely devastated, especially knowing how hard the young man fought to save his partner.”
Following the incident, authorities closed several nearby beaches as a precaution and deployed drones, jet skis, and marine patrols to search for the shark involved. Police have confirmed that the investigation is ongoing and that they are working alongside marine experts to determine what species of shark was responsible.
The possible existence of GoPro footage has added a deeply unsettling dimension to the case. While police have not confirmed whether the actual attack was captured on video, they have stated that the camera is now considered a key piece of evidence. If the device was recording at the time, it could help investigators understand how the incident unfolded, whether any warning signs were visible, and how the shark approached the couple.
Officials have also urged the public to be cautious about circulating unverified footage online. “No official video has been released,” a police spokesperson said. “We ask people not to share speculation or distressing material out of respect for the victims and their families.”
The tragedy has sparked renewed discussion about safety at unpatrolled beaches and the risks faced by swimmers in remote areas. While shark attacks remain extremely rare in Australia, experts emphasize that swimming outside flagged areas significantly increases danger, particularly in deep water or during early morning hours when sharks are more active.
Tributes have begun to pour in from both Australia and Switzerland, with friends describing the young woman as adventurous, kind, and deeply in love with the ocean. The bravery of her boyfriend has also been widely praised, with many calling his actions a final act of love in the face of unimaginable horror.
As the investigation continues, authorities hope the GoPro camera—if it contains usable footage—may one day help provide answers to the haunting questions surrounding the final moments of this tragic couple.
News
DETECTIVES ARE EXAMINING THE RELATIONSHIPS CLOSELY… — TRIPLE D-E-A-TH TRAGEDY IN CAMPBELLTOWN TAKES SHOCKING TURN AS MAN KNOWN TO VICTIMS DETAINED
Three people including two young children are dead and a man is in custody after police were called to a “particularly violent crime scene” that has stunned the local community. The bodies were discovered in different rooms of the property…
PARENTS WERE RIGHT THERE… — WEEKEND NETBALL MATCH DESCENDS INTO SH0CK AFTER ALLEGED CONFRONTATION BETWEEN TEENS
Vision has emerged of a gang of teenage e-bike riders at a weekend sports event viciously attacking a 12-year-old boy. One girl, aged 14, was seen kicking and punching the young boy at John Fisher Park in North Curl Curl, north Sydney, on Saturday….
POLICE ARE NOW PIECING TOGETHER THE FINAL HOURS… — THREE PEOPLE FOUND D-E-A-D INSIDE Campbelltown HOME AS INVESTIGATORS REVEAL EARLY DETAILS
A woman and two children have been killed in a suspected domestic violence attack. Their bodies were found by police at a home on Raymond Ave in Campbelltown, southwest Sydney, about 7.50pm on Monday. A triple-zero had been made from inside the house. A…
THEY WERE FOUND IN THE DEEPEST PART OF THE CAVE… — ELITE RESCUERS MAKE HEARTBREAKING DISCOVERY DAYS AFTER MALDIVES DIVING TRAGEDY
Elite Finnish divers have located the bodies of a team of Italians four days after they disappeared in sea caves in the Maldives. Tragedy struck on Thursday after five – including a mother and daughter – died while attempting to explore…
NETFLIX SH0CKER: ICONIC FRENCH DRAMA RETURNS AFTER 5 YEARS — FANS CALL IT A “MASTERPIECE COMEBACK
Netflix users, this is not a drill! The highly-acclaimed French comedy-drama, Call My Agent!, is returning to screens five years after its final episode. The series, which first premiered in 2015, is returning to the platform as a feature film this autumn,…
BBC VIEWERS ARE LOSING SLEEP OVER THIS HIDDEN DETECTIVE GEM — A RETIRED STAR + A BRILLIANT DETECTIVE = THE TV OBSESSION NOBODY SAW COMING
The BBC’s cosy mystery drama, Death Valley, returned on Sunday night with its anticipated second season, and viewers can’t get enough of the new episodes. The series follows the unlikely crime solving duo: retired actor John Chapel and eager Welsh detective…
End of content
No more pages to load