Police are pleading for the public’s help to find a mother and son as they investigate an axe attack on a Perth grandfather.
The West Australian understands an urgent public appeal to help find Denise Kathleen Allan, 63, and Carl Allan, 41, is linked to an axe attack at the Discovery Parks caravan park in Caversham on Thursday.
Midland detectives hold urgent welfare concerns for Mrs Allan, who may be travelling with her 41-year-old son.
Get the first look at the digital newspaper, curated daily stories and breaking headlines delivered to your inbox.
The pair are believed to be travelling in a black Ford Ranger ute, bearing registration plates 1IDM757, which was sighted in Chittering on the same afternoon 82-year-old Albert Bullock was attacked with an axe at the caravan park.
Mr Bullock required surgery on his arm after he was sliced while trying to protect his face during the attack.


The injured great grandfather previously told 7NEWS that the violence unfolded after a male driver came “flying down the hill” despite the park’s 5km/h speed limit.
On Monday, Detective Senior Sergeant Steve Carter, officer-in-charge of Midland detectives, said police had urgent welfare concerns for Denise Allan and her son.
“If you have seen Denise or Carl, or have any information about their whereabouts, please contact us,” he said.
“Even the smallest detail, if you’re not too sure, it may help with our investigation.”

Det-Sen. Sgt Carter said police “are committed to locating the pair and resolving this situation safely and respectfully”
He said the family of both Denise and Carl were concerned for their welfare.
“All we have is information that they may present a risk to the community, and we’re better safe than sorry. We don’t want to take any chances,” he said.
“We have no idea where they are, and that’s why we’re sending it far and wide. And any assistance from anybody in the public would be greatly appreciated.”

The injured great grandfather said that after calling out the man’s driving, the accused then retaliated with profanities.
After a verbal back and forth, Mr Bullock said the man swung an axe at him before he used his arm to protect himself.
“He was coming for me and I was thinking he was going for my head,” the 82-year-old said.
“But like I put my arm up and that copped the worst of it.”
Mr Bullock said he “would have been dead” if he hadn’t done so. In a last-ditch effort which caused the attacker to run, Mr Bullock squirted the man in the eyes with bug spray.

An off-duty paramedic rushed to Mr Bullock’s aid while neighbours called triple-0.
And in a message to his attacker, Mr Bullock said: “Come on mate. Get a bloody life for Christ sake and leave the oldies alone.”
Mr Allan is described as approximately 190 centimetres tall, with medium build, fair skin, blue eyes, and brown hair.
His mother is described as being approximately 170 centimetres tall, with medium build, fair skin, blonde hair and blue eyes.
The Ford Ranger has a black snorkel, roof racks, a roof-mounted tent, and recovery track mounts installed.
Anyone with information to not approach the pair but call police immediately on 131 444.
Originally published on The West Australian
News
NETFLIX SH0CKER: ICONIC FRENCH DRAMA RETURNS AFTER 5 YEARS — FANS CALL IT A “MASTERPIECE COMEBACK
Netflix users, this is not a drill! The highly-acclaimed French comedy-drama, Call My Agent!, is returning to screens five years after its final episode. The series, which first premiered in 2015, is returning to the platform as a feature film this autumn,…
BBC VIEWERS ARE LOSING SLEEP OVER THIS HIDDEN DETECTIVE GEM — A RETIRED STAR + A BRILLIANT DETECTIVE = THE TV OBSESSION NOBODY SAW COMING
The BBC’s cosy mystery drama, Death Valley, returned on Sunday night with its anticipated second season, and viewers can’t get enough of the new episodes. The series follows the unlikely crime solving duo: retired actor John Chapel and eager Welsh detective…
WE FELT UNSAFE MOST OF THE WAY… — INJURED TOURIST MAKES CHILLING CLAIM AFTER DE-ADLY Gumlu BUS CRASH
A survivor of a deadly bus crash which killed a young tourist has claimed the driver warned passengers the vehicle was “not the best one” before it allegedly began moving erratically and rolled off the road. Chilean tourist Barbara Goncalves told 7NEWS…
PLEASE DON’T LET MY SON D-I-E FOR NOTHING… — HEARTBROKEN MUM’S EMOTIONAL PLEA AFTER 14-YEAR-OLD D-I-E-S IN VIC CRASH LEAVES AUSTRALIA IN TEARS
A heartbroken mother has issued a sobering plea to young criminals after her 14-year-old son was killed in a stolen car crash in Victoria. Chereeta Wightman is desperate for the death of her son Connroy to not be in vain…
THAT’S A BIG SHARK, MAN… — CHILLING NEW SIGHTING OFF Rottnest Island DAYS AFTER THE DE-ATH OF Steven Mattaboni LEAVES BOATERS STUNNED
Terrified fishermen have filmed the moment a five-metre-long great white shark menaced their small boat just off the coast of Rottnest Island shortly after the fatal attack on a devoted dad-of-two. Steven Mattaboni, 38, died on Saturday morning after being…
“10 SH00TINGS. 2 TEENS ARRESTED. ONE SUSPECT STILL MISSING” — AUSTIN POLICE ISSUE URGENT UPDATE AS CITYWIDE INVESTIGATION EXPANDS
Authorities in Texas have arrested two of the three suspects in a series of shootings that took place across Austin over the weekend, leaving four people injured. Austin Police Department Chief Lisa Davis said during a press conference on Sunday, May 17,…
End of content
No more pages to load