The son of fugitive Virginia high school football coach Travis Turner broke his silence after Union High School’s playoff win on Saturday, November 29.
Bailey Turner, 23, spoke to the Daily Mail after the team’s 21-14 win over Ridgewood High School, calling the victory “bittersweet” as his father, who was coaching the team before his disappearance, remains missing.
The former quarterback, who graduated in 2019, also told the outlet that his family “appreciated the support” they’ve received amid the controversy.
In the wake of Travis’ disappearance and child pornography allegations, defensive coordinator Jay Edwards served as interim head coach during the quarterfinal playoff win, helping keep the team’s undefeated season alive.
Travis Turner’s Family Claims Missing Football Coach Left Home With Firearm Before Disappearance
Travis, 46, has been missing since November 20 as he was being investigated for child pornography and soliciting a minor. On Friday, November 28, the family’s lawyer, Adrian Collins, revealed in a statement that “he left his residence to walk in the woods with a firearm.”
“He is believed to have entered a heavily wooded and mountainous area. At which point, no warrants had been issued for his arrest,” said Collins in a statement.
“When Travis did not return home that evening, his wife promptly notified local law enforcement. She was advised that a missing-person report could not be taken until at least 24 hours had passed,” the statement continued. “The following day, she filed a missing-person report with the Virginia State Police. The family has cooperated fully with law-enforcement in their ongoing efforts to locate Travis. Family members and friends have also conducted search efforts in the surrounding woods. These efforts have been limited by weather conditions and with respect for the official operations underway.”
Travis Turner Courtesy of Leslie Caudill Turner/Facebook
On November 22, Travis was listed as an “endangered missing person,” Virginia State Police 1st Sgt. Jason Day told News Channel 11.
“He had went into the woods right near the general location of his house, and that’s basically where we’ve focused our search on,” Day said.
Travis’ wife, Leslie Caudill Turner, broke her silence regarding her husband’s disappearance in a since-deleted Facebook post on November 21.
“I just wanted to get on here for a second to clear up something, as of right now, 10:25 PM on Friday night, Travis is missing, & that’s all we know,” Leslie wrote. “We love him & need him here with us. Thank you to everyone who has reached out with love & support. It means more than you know. Just keep praying that he comes home.”
Leslie defended her husband against authorities’ accusations, telling the Daily Mail that “none of that is true.”
“He’s a good dad and a good husband and we want him home. That’s it,” Leslie told the Daily Mail in a story published on Tuesday, November 25. “I don’t know anything. I don’t know anything. I’m sorry.”
The investigation remains open and additional charges against Travis are still pending.
Travis has coached at Union High School since 2011, also serving as a physical education teacher.
Wise County Public Schools, Travis’ employer, released a statement the day after his disappearance, announcing an unnamed staff member had been placed on administrative leave with pay “while an external agency reviews an allegation.”
“This is standard procedure,” Wise County Public Schools said in a statement on November 21. “And not a determination of wrongdoing. The division cannot comment further.”
SOURCE: https://www.yahoo.com/news/articles/son-missing-high-school-football-154623748.html
News
DETECTIVES ARE EXAMINING THE RELATIONSHIPS CLOSELY… — TRIPLE D-E-A-TH TRAGEDY IN CAMPBELLTOWN TAKES SHOCKING TURN AS MAN KNOWN TO VICTIMS DETAINED
Three people including two young children are dead and a man is in custody after police were called to a “particularly violent crime scene” that has stunned the local community. The bodies were discovered in different rooms of the property…
PARENTS WERE RIGHT THERE… — WEEKEND NETBALL MATCH DESCENDS INTO SH0CK AFTER ALLEGED CONFRONTATION BETWEEN TEENS
Vision has emerged of a gang of teenage e-bike riders at a weekend sports event viciously attacking a 12-year-old boy. One girl, aged 14, was seen kicking and punching the young boy at John Fisher Park in North Curl Curl, north Sydney, on Saturday….
POLICE ARE NOW PIECING TOGETHER THE FINAL HOURS… — THREE PEOPLE FOUND D-E-A-D INSIDE Campbelltown HOME AS INVESTIGATORS REVEAL EARLY DETAILS
A woman and two children have been killed in a suspected domestic violence attack. Their bodies were found by police at a home on Raymond Ave in Campbelltown, southwest Sydney, about 7.50pm on Monday. A triple-zero had been made from inside the house. A…
THEY WERE FOUND IN THE DEEPEST PART OF THE CAVE… — ELITE RESCUERS MAKE HEARTBREAKING DISCOVERY DAYS AFTER MALDIVES DIVING TRAGEDY
Elite Finnish divers have located the bodies of a team of Italians four days after they disappeared in sea caves in the Maldives. Tragedy struck on Thursday after five – including a mother and daughter – died while attempting to explore…
NETFLIX SH0CKER: ICONIC FRENCH DRAMA RETURNS AFTER 5 YEARS — FANS CALL IT A “MASTERPIECE COMEBACK
Netflix users, this is not a drill! The highly-acclaimed French comedy-drama, Call My Agent!, is returning to screens five years after its final episode. The series, which first premiered in 2015, is returning to the platform as a feature film this autumn,…
BBC VIEWERS ARE LOSING SLEEP OVER THIS HIDDEN DETECTIVE GEM — A RETIRED STAR + A BRILLIANT DETECTIVE = THE TV OBSESSION NOBODY SAW COMING
The BBC’s cosy mystery drama, Death Valley, returned on Sunday night with its anticipated second season, and viewers can’t get enough of the new episodes. The series follows the unlikely crime solving duo: retired actor John Chapel and eager Welsh detective…
End of content
No more pages to load