STRICTLY judge Anton du Beke has paid tribute to exiting hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman.
The show’s former professional dancer posted a heartfelt video reacting to the “saddest, saddest news”.
Anton Du Beke said he was devastated to hear the newsCredit: Instagram
Strictly stars were left in shock today as the hosting duo confirmed their exit after 21 years.
Anton said: “Where do I start? @tessdaly and @claudiawinkle, you two are extraordinary.
“Tess I remember back in 2004 in a London hotel introducing this wonderful new show Strictly Come Dancing to the world.
“You’ve been a torchbearer for our fabulous show from the beginning. But more importantly for those 20 years, you’ve been a wonderful friend and colleague. I’m going to miss you dearly on a Saturday night.
“Hand in hand with the fabulous Claudia, taking over from my hero Brucie, together you have elevated the show to unprecedented levels as the most magnificent presenting duo!
“I’m going to miss you both terribly, but whatever you choose to do in the future, I’m sure you’ll both be a huge success.
“I love you both. I’ll see you Saturday night and look forward to the rest of the series together.”
Tess replied to the message, writing: “Love you so much, touched my heart xxx.”
Meanwhile Claudia replied with four love heart emojis.
Tess has been the host of Strictly for 21 years since the show started, with Claudia joining her in 2014 when she replaced the legendary Bruce Forsyth.
The pair have not given a reason for their decision, which comes after the BBC show was hit by a string of recent scandals involving its professional dancers and behind-the-scenes conduct.
Plummeting viewing figures and “underwhelming” line-ups even prompted betting giants to offer odds earlier this year on this being the show’s final outing.
News
DETECTIVES ARE EXAMINING THE RELATIONSHIPS CLOSELY… — TRIPLE D-E-A-TH TRAGEDY IN CAMPBELLTOWN TAKES SHOCKING TURN AS MAN KNOWN TO VICTIMS DETAINED
Three people including two young children are dead and a man is in custody after police were called to a “particularly violent crime scene” that has stunned the local community. The bodies were discovered in different rooms of the property…
PARENTS WERE RIGHT THERE… — WEEKEND NETBALL MATCH DESCENDS INTO SH0CK AFTER ALLEGED CONFRONTATION BETWEEN TEENS
Vision has emerged of a gang of teenage e-bike riders at a weekend sports event viciously attacking a 12-year-old boy. One girl, aged 14, was seen kicking and punching the young boy at John Fisher Park in North Curl Curl, north Sydney, on Saturday….
POLICE ARE NOW PIECING TOGETHER THE FINAL HOURS… — THREE PEOPLE FOUND D-E-A-D INSIDE Campbelltown HOME AS INVESTIGATORS REVEAL EARLY DETAILS
A woman and two children have been killed in a suspected domestic violence attack. Their bodies were found by police at a home on Raymond Ave in Campbelltown, southwest Sydney, about 7.50pm on Monday. A triple-zero had been made from inside the house. A…
THEY WERE FOUND IN THE DEEPEST PART OF THE CAVE… — ELITE RESCUERS MAKE HEARTBREAKING DISCOVERY DAYS AFTER MALDIVES DIVING TRAGEDY
Elite Finnish divers have located the bodies of a team of Italians four days after they disappeared in sea caves in the Maldives. Tragedy struck on Thursday after five – including a mother and daughter – died while attempting to explore…
NETFLIX SH0CKER: ICONIC FRENCH DRAMA RETURNS AFTER 5 YEARS — FANS CALL IT A “MASTERPIECE COMEBACK
Netflix users, this is not a drill! The highly-acclaimed French comedy-drama, Call My Agent!, is returning to screens five years after its final episode. The series, which first premiered in 2015, is returning to the platform as a feature film this autumn,…
BBC VIEWERS ARE LOSING SLEEP OVER THIS HIDDEN DETECTIVE GEM — A RETIRED STAR + A BRILLIANT DETECTIVE = THE TV OBSESSION NOBODY SAW COMING
The BBC’s cosy mystery drama, Death Valley, returned on Sunday night with its anticipated second season, and viewers can’t get enough of the new episodes. The series follows the unlikely crime solving duo: retired actor John Chapel and eager Welsh detective…
End of content
No more pages to load