© Harry HowLeBron James #23 of the Los Angeles Lakers tosses the ball back during a 103-96 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves.
After the Los Angeles Lakers were eliminated in the first round of the NBA Playoffs by the Minnesota Timberwolves, questions quickly surfaced about LeBron James’ future. However, according to recent reports, the NBA’s all-time leading scorer is not planning to walk away from the game just yet.
James is expected to return for what would be his 23rd NBA season—potentially surpassing Vince Carter (22 seasons) as the league’s longest-tenured player. ESPN’s Dave McMenamin reports that the 40-year-old forward still isn’t viewing the upcoming campaign as his final one.
“While James has considered retirement every offseason since 2023, a source familiar with James’ thinking told ESPN that at this point, James is not entering next season with any certainty that it will be his last,” McMenamin wrote.
James has also been working his way back from a Grade 2 MCL sprain in his left knee, suffered during Game 5 of the series against the Timberwolves. According to McMenamin, the Lakers star has been training with his son, Bronny James, during his recovery.

Bronny James #9 stands by LeBron James #23 of the Los Angeles Lakers during the second half against the Philadelphia 76ers. (Emilee Chinn/Getty Images)
“But before his return to the court, he had been training in the weight room with his son, Lakers guard Bronny James, sources told ESPN, their first extended offseason together after last summer’s Paris Olympics,” McMenamin added.
What’s next for the Lakers
The Lakers are set to open NBA Summer League with Bronny James on the roster in a marquee matchup against the Dallas Mavericks on July 10, a game that could mark the debut of No. 1 overall pick Cooper Flagg.
The franchise has confirmed that Bronny James will be part of the Lakers’ Summer League roster. He’ll be joined by Adou Thiero, selected in the second round of the 2025 NBA Draft; two-way signee Eric Dixon; and RJ Davis, who joined the team on an Exhibit 10 contract.
News
AN ‘EXCELLENT’ NEW SPY DRAMA STARRING A DOWNTON ABBEY FAVOURITE IS BECOMING EVERYONE’S NEXT BINGE OBSESSION
Spy thriller fans, listen up! The gripping espionage series, The Agency, is returning to screens this June – and it’s worth adding to your summer watchlist. If you, like me, inhaled the second season of the BBC’s hit thriller The Night Manager and…
ALL WE HAD WAS A CAR BOOT OF KMART PLATES — HEARTBREAKING STRUGGLE OF KUMANJAYI LITTLE BABY’S FAMILY AS FUNDRAISING DISPUTE GROWS
Kumanjayi Little Baby’s family have been caught in two financial disputes over funds raised in the name of the five-year-old who was allegedly murdered last month. The alleged Anzac Day murder of the five-year-old girl in the Northern Territory sparked violent riots in…
FINAL F00TAGE FROM DOOMED MALDIVES DIVE MAY HOLD ANSWERS — B0DY CAMERAS RECOVERED AS INVESTIGATORS PIECE TOGETHER LAST MOMENTS
Footage taken on body cameras worn by a group of Italian divers who died while exploring deep-sea caves in the Maldives could reveal how their final moments unfolded. The group had attempted to explore caves at a depth of around 165ft…
‘She has vanished into thin air’: Bush tracker joins desperate search for suburban mum who disappeared on a walk two weeks ago – as expert spots worrying detail in CCTV footage
An expert bush tracker has joined the desperate search for a missing grandmother who ‘vanished into thin air’ two weeks ago, leaving her family to beg for answers. Rita-Marie Collin, 60, was last seen on Tuesday, May 5, leaving her…
EVICTION FEARS, A QUIET STREET AND A DEVASTATING DISCOVERY — MELBOURNE NEIGHBOUR REVEALS WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE COUPLE WERE FOUND DE-AD
A couple found dead inside a home in Melbourne‘s west in a suspected murder-suicide had been facing eviction. On Tuesday, police tape remained sprawled on a wooden fence outside the Melton Close property in Werribee, west of Melbourne. While it remains…
“MY BEAUTIFUL GIRLS ARE G0NE” — FATHER’S EMOTIONAL TRIBUTE AFTER THREE SISTERS FOUND DE-AD OFF BRIGHTON BEACH AS POLICE HUNT FOR ANSWERS
Three sisters whose bodies were recovered from the sea off Brighton beach were named today for the first time. Jane Adetoro, 36, Christina Walter, 32, and Rebecca Walter, 31, died early last Wednesday morning after getting into trouble in the water. The…
End of content
No more pages to load
