BREAKING NEWS – The WNBA is losing one of its most iconic figures. Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury star and Olympic gold medalist, has announced her immediate retirement from competitive basketball, leaving fans and analysts stunned. But beyond the decision itself, it was her heartbreaking confession that set social media on fire: “Nobody wants me on their team!”
During a brief and emotional press conference, Griner explained that she no longer feels welcome or valued in the world of professional basketball. “I’ve given everything to this sport. I represented my country. I went through hell and came back… but today I feel alone on the court,” she said, her voice cracking.

The news comes during a tough season for both her and the Phoenix Mercury, with inconsistent results, roster shakeups, and growing media scrutiny. Although Griner had been posting solid stats, her presence had become a subject of controversy due to off-court matters and political stances.
What pushed Griner to the edge?
According to sources close to the player, Griner had privately expressed her frustration over the lack of support from fellow players, coaches, and team executives. She reportedly felt “invisible,” even inside her own locker room. “They see me more as a problem than as a teammate. That hurts more than any loss,” she allegedly said in a recent conversation.
Public reaction came quickly
Social media exploded after the announcement. Many fans showed unconditional support:
“Brittney, thank you for everything you gave. Basketball owes you. Come back when you’re ready!”
But there were also harsh critics:
“This isn’t a goodbye, it’s an excuse to escape the tough moment her career is in,” said one ESPN analyst.
What’s next for Griner?
Griner didn’t completely close the door on basketball. “Maybe one day I’ll come back… if I’m needed. But right now, I need to rebuild myself off the court,” she said. She also expressed interest in focusing on social projects, mental health advocacy, and writing a book about her life experiences, including her time in the Russian prison that changed her forever.
News
THEN WE HEARD THE SH0TS… EVERYONE STARTED RUNNING — WITNESSES RECOUNT CHAOTIC MOMENTS AFTER DE-ADLY CANLEY HEIGHTS SH00TING
A man has died and four others are in a serious condition following an alleged shooting in Sydney’s south-west overnight. The 28-year-old man died at Liverpool Hospital shortly after presenting there with multiple wounds. He is yet to be formally identified….
SH0CK NEW COURT TWIST… — AUSTRALIA’S YOUNGEST CONVICTED MU-RDE-RER ADMITS TO FURTHER OFFENCES AS CASE REIGNITES NATIONAL DEBATE
A boast by Australia’s youngest convicted murderer that police would never find what was on his phone led to his re-arrest for downloading sexually violent images and child abuse material. The man, known for legal reasons as SLD, spent almost…
THE BEST PERIOD DRAMA SINCE DOWNTON ABBEY? — VIEWERS ARE RACING THROUGH THE NEW SEASON OF THIS YORKSHIRE FAMILY SAGA
Viewers are binge-watching Channel 5’s smash hit period drama, The Hardacres, which returned with a second season on Thursday night. The rags-to-riches tale, based on CL Skelton’s The Hardacre Saga novels, is set in 1890s Yorkshire and follows the titular Hardacre family…
NETFLIX’S NEW 8-EPISODE CRIME THRILLER HAS VIEWERS LOSING SLEEP — THE CAT-AND-MOUSE SERIES EVERYONE IS BINGEING WITHOUT STOPPING
Netflix viewers have been binge-watching Nemesis, the gritty new crime drama that landed on the streamer on Thursday. Told across eight episodes, the series stars Matthew Law (Abbott Elementary, Ahsoka) and Y’lan Noel (Lady in the Lake, Insecure), who play Detective Isaiah…
MAFS UK UNDER INTENSE SCRUTINY… — POLICE INVESTIGATION REPORTED AFTER SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AS FUTURE OF SHOW THROWN INTO DOUBT
Married at First Sight UK likely faces a police probe and the axe after two women claimed they were raped by their on-screen husbands – and one alleged victim said she was forced to have an abortion. Shona Manderson, who has waived her…
8 YEARS LATER… MEGHAN MARKLE RELEASES NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN WEDDING PHOTOS WITH HARRY — BUT FANS CAN’T STOP TALKING ABOUT WHO WASN’T INCLUDED
Meghan Markle celebrated her eighth wedding anniversary with Prince Harry today, as she shared a collection of previously unseen photographs from their big day on Instagram. ‘Eight years ago today…’, she captioned the two posts, with one showing a glimpse of the…
End of content
No more pages to load