A boast by Australia’s youngest convicted murderer that police would never find what was on his phone led to his re-arrest for downloading sexually violent images and child abuse material.
The man, known for legal reasons as SLD, spent almost two-thirds of his life in jail after, at age 13, he abducted and fatally stabbed his three-year-old neighbour Courtney Morley-Clarke on the NSW Central Coast in 2001.
Upon his release in 2023, he was subject to a range of strict conditions enforced by community corrections officers tasked with supervising the institutionalised man and protecting the community.
On March 20, 2025, he told supervising officers he had been breaching these conditions.
‘Good luck finding anything I do on the phone,’ he said during a supervised visit to an Optus shop.
On two occasions about a week later, he bragged about being able to delete his internet activity via the dark web, and wanting to access dating sites so he could lose his virginity.
These details come from court documents seen by AAP on Tuesday after the now 39-year-old pleaded guilty to five counts of breaching his supervisory orders and two charges relating to child abuse material.
While free in the community, he had been barred from using social networking services or dating sites without prior approval.

+3
View gallery
A boast by Australia’s youngest convicted murderer that police would never find what was on his phone led to his re-arrest for downloading sexually violent images and child abuse material

+3
View gallery
The man, known for legal reasons as SLD, spent almost two-thirds of his life in jail after the then 13-year-old abducted and fatally stabbed his three-year-old neighbour Courtney Morley-Clarke on the NSW Central Coast in 2001
He was also only permitted to view sexually explicit material on a single pornographic website but was told not to watch anything involving sexual violence or cruelty towards women or children.
During a subsequent review of his phone, NSW Police found he had breached these conditions.
He was then arrested in April 2025.
Examining his phone, officers found one image of a five-year-old girl naked from the waist down.
They also located 43 images downloaded onto his device showing women in sexually violent situations, including being tied up, looking scared or in pain, and having hands placed over their mouths.
One image was titled ‘the raped virgin’, court documents reveal.
The killer also searched for sexually violent material online, including viewing one video claiming to be of a drugged woman raped in a hotel.
He tried to look for child abuse material by searching for terms like ‘real child rape’ on explicit websites.

+3
View gallery
SLD was 13 when he abducted and fatally stabbed his three-year-old neighbour Courtney Morley-Clarke
He further breached his supervisory conditions by using a fake name to create a Facebook profile and chat with members of the public.
The 39-year-old will be sentenced at Campbelltown District Court in June.
He has already been convicted of a separate breach of his conditions when he approached a mother and her partially undressed child at a beach in Wollongong in October 2023.
He was handed an 18-month jail term and was released in March 2025, weeks before his latest arrest.
The killer has tried to overturn his conviction for that matter in the NSW Court of Criminal Appeal with a judgment due on Wednesday.
He only recently offered a motive for murdering Courtney: to exact revenge for purported bullying by her brother.
1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)
National Sexual Abuse and Redress Support Service 1800 211 028
Lifeline 13 11 14
Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800 (for people aged 5 to 25)
News
THE BEST PERIOD DRAMA SINCE DOWNTON ABBEY? — VIEWERS ARE RACING THROUGH THE NEW SEASON OF THIS YORKSHIRE FAMILY SAGA
Viewers are binge-watching Channel 5’s smash hit period drama, The Hardacres, which returned with a second season on Thursday night. The rags-to-riches tale, based on CL Skelton’s The Hardacre Saga novels, is set in 1890s Yorkshire and follows the titular Hardacre family…
NETFLIX’S NEW 8-EPISODE CRIME THRILLER HAS VIEWERS LOSING SLEEP — THE CAT-AND-MOUSE SERIES EVERYONE IS BINGEING WITHOUT STOPPING
Netflix viewers have been binge-watching Nemesis, the gritty new crime drama that landed on the streamer on Thursday. Told across eight episodes, the series stars Matthew Law (Abbott Elementary, Ahsoka) and Y’lan Noel (Lady in the Lake, Insecure), who play Detective Isaiah…
MAFS UK UNDER INTENSE SCRUTINY… — POLICE INVESTIGATION REPORTED AFTER SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AS FUTURE OF SHOW THROWN INTO DOUBT
Married at First Sight UK likely faces a police probe and the axe after two women claimed they were raped by their on-screen husbands – and one alleged victim said she was forced to have an abortion. Shona Manderson, who has waived her…
8 YEARS LATER… MEGHAN MARKLE RELEASES NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN WEDDING PHOTOS WITH HARRY — BUT FANS CAN’T STOP TALKING ABOUT WHO WASN’T INCLUDED
Meghan Markle celebrated her eighth wedding anniversary with Prince Harry today, as she shared a collection of previously unseen photographs from their big day on Instagram. ‘Eight years ago today…’, she captioned the two posts, with one showing a glimpse of the…
PLEASE DON’T LET HIS D-E-A-T-H BE FOR NOTHING — HEARTBROKEN MUM’S EMOTIONAL MESSAGE AFTER 14-YEAR-OLD DI-ES IN STOLEN CAR CRASH SHAKES AUSTRALIA
A heartbroken mother has issued a sobering plea to young criminals after her 14-year-old son was killed in a stolen car crash in Victoria. Chereeta Wightman is desperate for the death of her son Connroy to not be in vain…
IT WAS ALL SET UP? — KONRAD BENJAMIN CLAIMS KARL STEFANOVIC INTERVIEW WAS ‘STAGED’, SPARKING EXPLOSIVE DEBATE OVER WHAT HAPPENED OFF-CAMERA
A popular political commentator has questioned whether he was ‘stitched up’ by Karl Stefanovic when he walked into an interview only to face off with a rival guest. Konrad Benjamin, 37, runs the YouTube channel Punter’s Politics, which analyses issues…
End of content
No more pages to load