For decades, the tragic crash of Air India Flight 171 has haunted families, aviation experts, and conspiracy theorists alike. On October 24, 1965, the Boeing 707, en route from Bombay to New York with stopovers in Beirut and Geneva, exploded midair shortly after takeoff from the Santa Cruz Airport (now Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport), killing all 94 people onboard. At the time, investigators concluded that the cause was a fire triggered by a mechanical failure. But now, nearly 60 years later, newly unearthed evidence is turning that conclusion upside down—and raising chilling questions about what really happened in the skies that day.

⚠️ A “Solved” Case Reopened
Earlier this year, a group of independent aviation researchers, working alongside whistleblowers from within India’s archival aviation sector, revealed a classified technical report that had been buried in government files since 1966. The report, previously marked “STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL,” includes photographic documentation, audio transcripts, and flight data that contradicts the original crash narrative.
What they found shocked everyone: according to the newly surfaced materials, the cause of the explosion may not have been mechanical at all — but sabotage.
💣 A Bomb on Board?
The most damning clue? A fragment of a device consistent with explosive materials was found in the cargo hold, according to one page from the suppressed report. In 1965, this clue was dismissed as unrelated debris. But now, with advances in forensic technology, scientists from an independent European lab were able to confirm that the fragment shows clear signs of explosive residue, specifically PETN — a chemical used in military-grade explosives.
Worse still, the report indicated that Indian authorities at the time were aware of this possibility, but chose not to pursue it due to “potential geopolitical consequences.” Several documents reference communications between Indian intelligence and foreign diplomats warning of the fallout from suggesting terrorism might have been involved.
🛑 Why Was This Buried?
So why was this evidence kept hidden for so long?
According to former intelligence officer Ravi Malhotra, who came forward anonymously, there was a fear that revealing the truth could damage India’s then-fragile international relationships, especially with the United States and the Middle East, where tensions were high. There were also internal fears that naming suspects without definitive proof could lead to mass panic or retaliation.
“This wasn’t just a plane crash,” Malhotra explained. “It was a political landmine. And they decided to bury it — quite literally — in the archives.”
😨 Families React with Shock and Anger
For the families of the victims, this revelation is both a breakthrough and a nightmare.
“We were told it was an accident. Nothing more,” said Ayesha Qureshi, who lost her father in the crash. “Now I find out it might have been murder — and they knew? They knew and said nothing for almost 60 years?”
Many families are now calling for a formal reopening of the investigation, an international tribunal, and full declassification of all materials related to Flight 171. Some are even threatening legal action against the Indian government for withholding critical information.
🕵️♂️ Was It Really SOLVED — Or Is This a Deeper Cover-Up?
Despite the bombshell findings, not everyone is convinced. Aviation analyst Carl Deming warns that while the explosive fragment is suspicious, “correlation doesn’t equal causation.” He argues that unless a full forensic reconstruction of the crash site is performed, the conclusions will remain speculative.
But others point out that the cover-up itself is the smoking gun. The existence of a deliberate effort to hide evidence suggests that officials knew the truth was damning — perhaps even more so than what we now know.
🔍 What Happens Next?
The Indian Civil Aviation Ministry has refused to comment on the newly leaked report. However, international pressure is mounting. Human rights organizations and aviation watchdogs are demanding transparency and an independent inquiry. There are rumors that the United Nations may be petitioned to get involved if the Indian government continues to stall.
Whether the crash was due to mechanical failure, sabotage, or a far-reaching conspiracy, one thing is clear: the truth about Air India Flight 171 has been hidden for far too long.
And now, the world is watching.
News
THEN WE HEARD THE SH0TS… EVERYONE STARTED RUNNING — WITNESSES RECOUNT CHAOTIC MOMENTS AFTER DE-ADLY CANLEY HEIGHTS SH00TING
A man has died and four others are in a serious condition following an alleged shooting in Sydney’s south-west overnight. The 28-year-old man died at Liverpool Hospital shortly after presenting there with multiple wounds. He is yet to be formally identified….
SH0CK NEW COURT TWIST… — AUSTRALIA’S YOUNGEST CONVICTED MU-RDE-RER ADMITS TO FURTHER OFFENCES AS CASE REIGNITES NATIONAL DEBATE
A boast by Australia’s youngest convicted murderer that police would never find what was on his phone led to his re-arrest for downloading sexually violent images and child abuse material. The man, known for legal reasons as SLD, spent almost…
THE BEST PERIOD DRAMA SINCE DOWNTON ABBEY? — VIEWERS ARE RACING THROUGH THE NEW SEASON OF THIS YORKSHIRE FAMILY SAGA
Viewers are binge-watching Channel 5’s smash hit period drama, The Hardacres, which returned with a second season on Thursday night. The rags-to-riches tale, based on CL Skelton’s The Hardacre Saga novels, is set in 1890s Yorkshire and follows the titular Hardacre family…
NETFLIX’S NEW 8-EPISODE CRIME THRILLER HAS VIEWERS LOSING SLEEP — THE CAT-AND-MOUSE SERIES EVERYONE IS BINGEING WITHOUT STOPPING
Netflix viewers have been binge-watching Nemesis, the gritty new crime drama that landed on the streamer on Thursday. Told across eight episodes, the series stars Matthew Law (Abbott Elementary, Ahsoka) and Y’lan Noel (Lady in the Lake, Insecure), who play Detective Isaiah…
MAFS UK UNDER INTENSE SCRUTINY… — POLICE INVESTIGATION REPORTED AFTER SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AS FUTURE OF SHOW THROWN INTO DOUBT
Married at First Sight UK likely faces a police probe and the axe after two women claimed they were raped by their on-screen husbands – and one alleged victim said she was forced to have an abortion. Shona Manderson, who has waived her…
8 YEARS LATER… MEGHAN MARKLE RELEASES NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN WEDDING PHOTOS WITH HARRY — BUT FANS CAN’T STOP TALKING ABOUT WHO WASN’T INCLUDED
Meghan Markle celebrated her eighth wedding anniversary with Prince Harry today, as she shared a collection of previously unseen photographs from their big day on Instagram. ‘Eight years ago today…’, she captioned the two posts, with one showing a glimpse of the…
End of content
No more pages to load