Police in Canada have announced they are dialing back the search for two young children who vanished from their home into the woods of Nova Scotia last week.
Jack Sullivan, 4, and his sister Lily, 6, were last seen about 10am on Friday on a road close to their home in the Canadian town of Lansdowne Station.
Their parents believe the kids went out a sliding back door of the family’s home while stepfather Daniel Martell and mother Malehya Brooks-Murray fed their baby.
Cops are working on the assumption that the children, who are both autistic, wandered off. Their stepdad Martell said he feared they may have been abducted.
At a press conference on Wednesday, Staff Sgt. Curtis MacKinnon, with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, said the search for two is now being scaled back.
MacKinnon added ‘we’re not packing up and we’re not giving up’, saying that all missing persons files remained ‘suspicious until our investigation leads us to determine otherwise’.
‘Many of us have children of our own and want nothing more than to reunite Lily and Jack with their loved ones’, he added.
Brooks-Murray last week begged for their safe return in an emotional TV interview after searching the neighborhood for them.
‘I’m just staying as hopeful as possible,’ she told CTV News in an emotional interview.

Four year-old Jack Sullivan has been missing from his Nova Scotia home since Friday

‘I want them home. I want to hold them, and I want them home. When they’re found it will be the biggest relief to hug them.’
Brooks-Murray explained that she and Martell thought the children were playing, and they sneaked away the short time the couple were occupied.

‘We always make sure that we’re out there with them, watching them, and they happen to just get out that sliding door, and we can’t hear it when it opens,’ she said.
‘They were outside playing, but we weren’t aware of it at the time, and the next thing we knew it was quiet.
‘We get up and look outside. We’re looking everywhere, yelling for them, and I instantly just called 911. I just had the instinct I needed to call.’
Brooks-Murray said her children may have mild autism but were friendly, contrary to rumors online claiming they were non-verbal.
‘They’re both really happy-go-lucky children. They’re so sweet. They talk to anyone. They’ll talk your ear off. They will speak to anyone in a store, everyone. They’re just extremely sweet kids,’ she said.
The distraught mother questioned why an Amber Alert wasn’t issued, but police said there was no reason to believe they were abducted.
Martell told CBC News on Sunday that he was frightened the children were taken by a stranger.

Broks-Murray last week begged for their safe return in an emotional TV interview after searching the neighborhood for them

Stepfather Daniel Martell and mother Malehya Brooks-Murray
He pleaded with police to monitor the border with neighboring New Brunswick and nearby airports in case someone is trying to escape with them.
RCMP Corporal Sally Rice told CTV News on Saturday that there ‘is no information to suggest [the siblings] were abducted’.
‘Based on what we know, it appears they wandered off,’ she added. ‘The search will continue until we receive any new evidence that changes our direction.’
Police had been scouring a 2.2 mile radius around Pictou County Forest, with searchers focusing their efforts there before they announced the change on Wednesday.
Jack is described as having short-ish blond hair. He was wearing blue dinosaur boots.
Lily has light brown, shoulder-length hair with bangs. She may be wearing a pink sweater, pink pants, pink boots and may be toting a white backpack.
News
IT WAS ALL SET UP? — KONRAD BENJAMIN CLAIMS KARL STEFANOVIC INTERVIEW WAS ‘STAGED’, SPARKING EXPLOSIVE DEBATE OVER WHAT HAPPENED OFF-CAMERA
A popular political commentator has questioned whether he was ‘stitched up’ by Karl Stefanovic when he walked into an interview only to face off with a rival guest. Konrad Benjamin, 37, runs the YouTube channel Punter’s Politics, which analyses issues…
30 YEARS AFTER AUSTRALIA’S DARKEST CRI-MES… SNOWTOWN FIGURE JAMES VLASSAKIS IS FINALLY UNMASKED AGAIN
The youngest of the three infamous Snowtown killers has been pictured for the first time. The Court of Appeal on Tuesday lifted a gag order on James Spyridon Vlassakis’ image, which has been in place for more than 25 years….
Unmasked: Campbelltown man accused of ki-lling a woman and two boys – as new details emerge of his alleged triple-0 call…and the final act cops allege he planned to carry out
A man accused of stabbing a woman and two boys to death had allegedly planned to kill himself, but instead he allegedly phoned triple-0 and said: ‘I kill … with knives.’ Md Shomon Ahamed, 47, was arrested at a property in…
PRIME VIDEO’S NEW 8-EPISODE ROMANCE IS ALREADY BREAKING HEARTS — THE ADAPTATION OF A ‘BREATHTAKING’ BESTSELLER ABOUT FIRST LOVE FANS SAY THEY’RE NOT EMOTIONALLY READY FOR
Calling all romance fans! Prime Video’s upcoming eight-part series, Every Year After, hits TV screens this June – and it’s shaping up to be a must-watch for anyone who loves a messy love story. The series, which comes from Sex and the…
‘STAIN’S NAME STILL HITS DIFFERENT…’ — RICO RECKLEZZ OPENS UP ABOUT WUGAWORLD LOSS, PAIN, LOYALTY AND THE EMOTIONS THAT NEVER LEFT
Rico Recklezz is back in headlines after addressing the legacy of Stain WugaWorld and speaking openly about the emotions that still remain years after the loss. The remarks quickly circulated across social media, drawing intense reactions from fans familiar with…
SOCIAL MEDIA BAN SH0CKER… — MAFS BRIDE BEC ZACHARIA HIT WITH PERMANENT INSTAGRAM BAN AFTER $20,000 LIE EXPLODES
Married At First Sight’s Bec Zacharia has been permanently banned from Instagram just days after her account was temporarily taken down for violating guidelines. The Adelaide-based bride, 35, confirmed to Daily Mail that Instagram has rejected her appeal overnight and…
End of content
No more pages to load