Ben Needham, the missing toddler, just before he disappeared in Greece and what he might look like today. Credit: Help Find Ben Needham/Facebook
A new person came forward to claim he is Ben Needham, the 21-month-old British boy who mysteriously disappeared on the island of Kos in Greece 33 years ago.
The toddler was last seen playing outside a derelict farmhouse on the island. His parents have searched the globe looking for their boy.
The mother of Ben Needham, who went missing in 1991, is waiting on DNA results from a Danish man claiming to be her son.
The man claims his grandparents have told him he was taken from Kos. He also says he was hidden for years and remembers 25 years ago going to a market and someone shouting “Ben” at him. He claims he was then kept in a caravan.
Ben Needham shortly before he disappeared in Greece. Credit: X
However, Kerry Needham, 51, from Sheffield, says she can never get her hopes up, having been in this position multiple times. She told The Mirror: “This man is looking for his real family and he has given Danish police a sample of his DNA, which South Yorkshire Police are trying to get hold of via Interpol to do a comparison with Ben’s.”
What really happened to Ben Needham, the missing toddler, from Greece?
The stranger’s DNA samples will be compared with a blood sample taken from when Ben was born at Boston Hospital in Lincolnshire, for the routine Guthrie heel-prick test. Ben’s mother said: “In 33 years we’ve had hundreds of alleged sightings, the majority of them we have followed up ourselves in the earlier years.”
“We’ve had DNA taken from people in Greece, Turkey, Germany and one in Florida and Australia. But at least South Yorkshire Police are trying to get me answers and I can’t praise them enough,” she added.
Kerry Needham moved to Kos from Sheffield and had left her son with his grandparents on July 24, 1991, while she went to work. Ben was last seen playing at his grandparents’ farmhouse, and he was first noticed missing at about 2:30 pm.
His family had initially thought he had simply wandered off or had been taken out on a moped ride by his uncle, but a search of the area proved fruitless.
Despite over 300 reported sightings, no trace of Ben has ever been found by either British or Greek police.
The police force’s theory is that Ben may have died in a digger accident after a witness came forward.
The digger driver, Konstantinos “Dino” Barkas, passed away in 2015 from cancer. Following his death, a friend came forward saying that Barkas took a secret with him to his grave—he had admitted to him that he accidentally crushed the toddler with his digger and buried his body.
However, blood discovered at the scene in 2016 was found not to belong to Ben, and the witness is refusing to talk to police again.
News
THAT’S NOT WHAT AUSTRALIANS ARE SEEING! — BRIDGET MCKENZIE AND CLARE O’NEIL CLASH LIVE OVER RENT FIGURES IN HEATED SUNRISE SHOWDOWN
Treasury modelling that predicts rents would rise by just $2 a week under Labor’s housing plans has come under fire as renters across Australia report increases of up to $100. Housing Minister Clare O’Neil defended the government’s controversial budget measures…
WE LOST A GOOD MAN — RACING VICTORIA MOURNS DE-ATH OF TRAINER STEVE RICHARDS AFTER TRAGIC FALL
The Victorian racing community is mourning the death of veteran trainer Steve Richards following a tragic accident last week. The 70-year-old had been in a coma after falling out of a tram and hitting his head on the ground in…
FROM ‘DREAM COMPOUND’ TO GROWING CONTROVERSY? — NEW CLAIMS ABOUT BLAKE LIVELY AND RYAN REYNOLDS’ PROJECT SPARK QUESTIONS BEHIND THE SCENES
Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds’ sprawling upstate New York dream compound has been hit with more than $2.1 million in unpaid contractor debt, the Daily Mail can reveal – raising fresh questions about what has been going on behind the scenes at…
MYSTERY SUBSTANCE SPARKS MAJOR EMERGENCY — THREE DE-AD AS FIRST RESPONDERS ALSO FALL ILL DURING NEW MEXICO INCIDENT
Three people have died and 19 others were rushed to hospital after coming into contact with an unknown substance. Authorities were called to a home in Mountainair, New Mexico, on Wednesday to a suspected overdose involving an unidentified substance. According to…
FIRST RESPONDERS BECAME PATIENTS… — DE-ADLY NEW MEXICO SCENE TURNS INTO HAZMAT EMERGENCY AFTER EXPOSURE TO UNKNOWN MATERIAL
Three people have died and 19 others were rushed to hospital after coming into contact with an unknown substance. Authorities were called to a home in Mountainair, New Mexico, on Wednesday to a suspected overdose involving an unidentified substance. According to…
‘THIS FELT TOO REAL…’ — CHANNEL 4’S BRUTAL NEW FIVE-PART DRAMA IS BEING CALLED ONE OF THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE WATCHES OF THE YEAR
A “brutal” new Channel 4 drama is set to leave viewers gripped. Five years after the success of It’s A Sin, award-winning screenwriter Russell T Davies returns to Channel 4 to explore the most corrosive forces facing the LGBTQ+ community today. Five-part…
End of content
No more pages to load