
Brueckner reportedly told his lawyer he wants to move to the island of Sylt (Image: Phil Harris)
Christian Brueckner, the notorious suspect in the Madeleine McCann case, is eyeing up a swanky new pad on Germany’s ‘billionaire playground island’ once he’s out of jail.
The 48 year old convicted sex offender is due to walk free on September 17 after serving his seven-year stretch at Sehnde prison for the 2005 rape of an American OAP. He has previously been bragging about vanishing off the grid but his lawyer Friedrich Fuelscher has claimed Brueckner fancies sticking around in Germany post-release – and he’s got his sights set on a posh spot.
“According to my information, he plans to settle in Schleswig-Holstein,” Fuelscher dished to Bild. And it seems Brueckner’s got a taste for the high life, with the ritzy North Sea isle of Sylt in his crosshairs. “Sylt has appealed to him in the past,” added Fuelscher.

Brueckner previously ran a cannabis dealing operation on the wealthy island of Sylt(Image: Getty Images)
Perched at the tip of Germany, Sylt is an island anchored in the chilly waters of the North Sea, accessed via the causeway known as Hindenburgdamm since 1927. Throughout WW2, it was loaded with concrete bunkers, tucked under hills of sand, leaving behind a scattered trail of wartime debris and ruins still scattered across the island.
From the swinging sixties onwards, Sylt underwent a posh transformation into a swanky escape for the cashed-up elite. Nowadays, it’s still the go-to spot for loaded tycoons, celebs, and models craving haute cuisine, swish shopping, deluxe pampering, and Kampen’s legendary ‘Whisky Mile’.
The island is famed too for its striking dunes and sprawling 40 km of sandy shoreline. But of late, the island has been caught up in unsettling episodes connected to the far-right. A vile video surfaced showing party-goers at a Sylt club spewing a Nazi chant: “Germany for the Germans – foreigners out”, sparking national uproar.

German police spent three days searching for evidence on abandoned farmland near Praia da Luz(Image: PA)
This scandal shook the country to its core as it wasn’t your usual suspects—hooligans or skinheads—but rich ‘yuppies’ leading the disgraceful rally. Left-wing protest groups set up camps on the island to demonstrate against what they alleged was elite gentrification and far-right infiltration, reports the Mirror.
Brueckner’s release will comee just weeks after German detectives spent 72 hours combing through parts of Portugal earlier in the month. The three-day search operation focused on land near Brueckner’s former dilapidated cottage home close to the Algarve resort where Madeleine disappeared on 3 May 2007.
During the most recent search cops have reportedly unearthed two firearms and it has been reported fragments of clothing and bones have been sent off for testing after being uncovered at the scene.
News
THE BEST PERIOD DRAMA SINCE DOWNTON ABBEY? — VIEWERS ARE RACING THROUGH THE NEW SEASON OF THIS YORKSHIRE FAMILY SAGA
Viewers are binge-watching Channel 5’s smash hit period drama, The Hardacres, which returned with a second season on Thursday night. The rags-to-riches tale, based on CL Skelton’s The Hardacre Saga novels, is set in 1890s Yorkshire and follows the titular Hardacre family…
NETFLIX’S NEW 8-EPISODE CRIME THRILLER HAS VIEWERS LOSING SLEEP — THE CAT-AND-MOUSE SERIES EVERYONE IS BINGEING WITHOUT STOPPING
Netflix viewers have been binge-watching Nemesis, the gritty new crime drama that landed on the streamer on Thursday. Told across eight episodes, the series stars Matthew Law (Abbott Elementary, Ahsoka) and Y’lan Noel (Lady in the Lake, Insecure), who play Detective Isaiah…
MAFS UK UNDER INTENSE SCRUTINY… — POLICE INVESTIGATION REPORTED AFTER SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AS FUTURE OF SHOW THROWN INTO DOUBT
Married at First Sight UK likely faces a police probe and the axe after two women claimed they were raped by their on-screen husbands – and one alleged victim said she was forced to have an abortion. Shona Manderson, who has waived her…
8 YEARS LATER… MEGHAN MARKLE RELEASES NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN WEDDING PHOTOS WITH HARRY — BUT FANS CAN’T STOP TALKING ABOUT WHO WASN’T INCLUDED
Meghan Markle celebrated her eighth wedding anniversary with Prince Harry today, as she shared a collection of previously unseen photographs from their big day on Instagram. ‘Eight years ago today…’, she captioned the two posts, with one showing a glimpse of the…
PLEASE DON’T LET HIS D-E-A-T-H BE FOR NOTHING — HEARTBROKEN MUM’S EMOTIONAL MESSAGE AFTER 14-YEAR-OLD DI-ES IN STOLEN CAR CRASH SHAKES AUSTRALIA
A heartbroken mother has issued a sobering plea to young criminals after her 14-year-old son was killed in a stolen car crash in Victoria. Chereeta Wightman is desperate for the death of her son Connroy to not be in vain…
IT WAS ALL SET UP? — KONRAD BENJAMIN CLAIMS KARL STEFANOVIC INTERVIEW WAS ‘STAGED’, SPARKING EXPLOSIVE DEBATE OVER WHAT HAPPENED OFF-CAMERA
A popular political commentator has questioned whether he was ‘stitched up’ by Karl Stefanovic when he walked into an interview only to face off with a rival guest. Konrad Benjamin, 37, runs the YouTube channel Punter’s Politics, which analyses issues…
End of content
No more pages to load