LeBron James just wrapped up his 22nd season in the NBA, and once again, he didn’t rule out retirement from the world’s best basketball league. Sooner or later, that day will come—and “The King” didn’t hesitate to make a first decision that surprised everyone.
At 40 years old, LeBron averaged 24.4 points per game, his lowest scoring average since his rookie season. However, his basketball IQ once again proved that he can elevate his teammates’ performance, and he ended up playing a key role in helping the Los Angeles Lakers finish as the third-best team in the Western Conference.

The 2025 NBA Playoffs didn’t go as planned for the Lakers, and after being eliminated in the first round by the Minnesota Timberwolves with a 1–4 series loss, LeBron James began speaking about his future with more doubts than certainties.
“I’ll sit down with my family, my wife, and my support group and talk about it, and see what happens. And I’ll just have a conversation with myself about how much longer I want to keep playing,” said LeBron James before making a first decision about his future.
LeBron and the first decision about his future that surprised the entire NBA

LeBron James, star of the Los Angeles Lakers. (Photo: Getty Images)
While the mystery of what LeBron will decide for the next NBA season remains unresolved, James made it clear what he won’t do once he retires.
“No way. No way, guys… Thank you for the kind question, but it’s not going to happen. No team. Zero chance. Zero chance. If you’re keeping count at home—zero chance,” said “The King” when asked on the Mind the Game podcast whether he would consider becoming a coach in the NBA.
What LeBron James is expected to do next season in the NBA
Journalist Shams Charania of ESPN reported in May 2025 that the most likely scenario is that LeBron James will exercise his $52.6 million player option to play one more season with the Los Angeles Lakers.
News
THE BEST PERIOD DRAMA SINCE DOWNTON ABBEY? — VIEWERS ARE RACING THROUGH THE NEW SEASON OF THIS YORKSHIRE FAMILY SAGA
Viewers are binge-watching Channel 5’s smash hit period drama, The Hardacres, which returned with a second season on Thursday night. The rags-to-riches tale, based on CL Skelton’s The Hardacre Saga novels, is set in 1890s Yorkshire and follows the titular Hardacre family…
NETFLIX’S NEW 8-EPISODE CRIME THRILLER HAS VIEWERS LOSING SLEEP — THE CAT-AND-MOUSE SERIES EVERYONE IS BINGEING WITHOUT STOPPING
Netflix viewers have been binge-watching Nemesis, the gritty new crime drama that landed on the streamer on Thursday. Told across eight episodes, the series stars Matthew Law (Abbott Elementary, Ahsoka) and Y’lan Noel (Lady in the Lake, Insecure), who play Detective Isaiah…
MAFS UK UNDER INTENSE SCRUTINY… — POLICE INVESTIGATION REPORTED AFTER SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AS FUTURE OF SHOW THROWN INTO DOUBT
Married at First Sight UK likely faces a police probe and the axe after two women claimed they were raped by their on-screen husbands – and one alleged victim said she was forced to have an abortion. Shona Manderson, who has waived her…
8 YEARS LATER… MEGHAN MARKLE RELEASES NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN WEDDING PHOTOS WITH HARRY — BUT FANS CAN’T STOP TALKING ABOUT WHO WASN’T INCLUDED
Meghan Markle celebrated her eighth wedding anniversary with Prince Harry today, as she shared a collection of previously unseen photographs from their big day on Instagram. ‘Eight years ago today…’, she captioned the two posts, with one showing a glimpse of the…
PLEASE DON’T LET HIS D-E-A-T-H BE FOR NOTHING — HEARTBROKEN MUM’S EMOTIONAL MESSAGE AFTER 14-YEAR-OLD DI-ES IN STOLEN CAR CRASH SHAKES AUSTRALIA
A heartbroken mother has issued a sobering plea to young criminals after her 14-year-old son was killed in a stolen car crash in Victoria. Chereeta Wightman is desperate for the death of her son Connroy to not be in vain…
IT WAS ALL SET UP? — KONRAD BENJAMIN CLAIMS KARL STEFANOVIC INTERVIEW WAS ‘STAGED’, SPARKING EXPLOSIVE DEBATE OVER WHAT HAPPENED OFF-CAMERA
A popular political commentator has questioned whether he was ‘stitched up’ by Karl Stefanovic when he walked into an interview only to face off with a rival guest. Konrad Benjamin, 37, runs the YouTube channel Punter’s Politics, which analyses issues…
End of content
No more pages to load