One of the two teenage gunmen who opened fire at a San Diego mosque left behind a note, authorities said.
It is unclear what the note may have said, but Police Chief Scott Wahl said police are now probing anti-Islamic writings that Cain Clark, 17, and Caleb Vazquez, 18, allegedly left behind when they were found dead of self-inflicted gunshot wounds.
The two teenagers opened fire at the Islamic Center of San Diego just before noon on Monday, killing three people, including security guard Amin Abdullah, a father of eight.
He was described as a ‘hero’ for apparently springing into action to help protect others at the mosque.
The shooting prompted the evacuation of children from the Clairemont mosque, the largest in San Diego County.
It also serves as the home to the Al Rashid School, formerly known as the Islamic School of San Diego.
Follow along for the latest updates.
08:06
Teenage gunman left behind note, police say
06:48
Teenage suspects identified
06:23
Security guard shot dead by teen gunmen was father of eight children
07:18
One of teen suspects was high school student
07:07
News conference interrupted by heckler
06:59
Resident describes seeing landscaper shot
06:34
Congregants long feared violence at the mosque, woman says
06:15
Witness recounts shooting
06:08
American Jewish Committee stands in solidarity with Muslim community
05:53
PICTURED: Families reunite following shooting
05:47
Shooting came at beginning of Muslim holy month
05:42
New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani decries Islamophobia
SOURCE: https://www.dailymail.com/news/article-15828825/police-shooter-san-diego-islamic-center.html
News
LIVE TV TURNS TENSE… — Barnaby Joyce PRESSES Tanya Plibersek OVER LABOR TA-X DEBATE DURING Sunrise AS STUDIO FALLS SILENT
Barnaby Joyce has unleashed on Labor’s tax changes accusing the government of punishing Australians for building wealth and passing assets on to their children. The former deputy prime minister clashed with Social Services Minister Tanya Plibersek during a heated exchange…
POLICE FINALLY BREAK THEIR SILENCE… — MAJOR UPDATE AFTER WOMAN AND TWO CHILDREN, 4 AND 12, FOUND DE-AD IN Campbelltown HOME
A Sydney man has been charged with murdering his partner and two children in an alleged domestic violence attack police have described as among the most brutal they have seen. Md. Shomon Ahamed, 47, was arrested at the family’s Campbelltown property in south-western Sydney…
DETECTIVES ARE EXAMINING THE RELATIONSHIPS CLOSELY… — TRIPLE D-E-A-TH TRAGEDY IN CAMPBELLTOWN TAKES SHOCKING TURN AS MAN KNOWN TO VICTIMS DETAINED
Three people including two young children are dead and a man is in custody after police were called to a “particularly violent crime scene” that has stunned the local community. The bodies were discovered in different rooms of the property…
PARENTS WERE RIGHT THERE… — WEEKEND NETBALL MATCH DESCENDS INTO SH0CK AFTER ALLEGED CONFRONTATION BETWEEN TEENS
Vision has emerged of a gang of teenage e-bike riders at a weekend sports event viciously attacking a 12-year-old boy. One girl, aged 14, was seen kicking and punching the young boy at John Fisher Park in North Curl Curl, north Sydney, on Saturday….
POLICE ARE NOW PIECING TOGETHER THE FINAL HOURS… — THREE PEOPLE FOUND D-E-A-D INSIDE Campbelltown HOME AS INVESTIGATORS REVEAL EARLY DETAILS
A woman and two children have been killed in a suspected domestic violence attack. Their bodies were found by police at a home on Raymond Ave in Campbelltown, southwest Sydney, about 7.50pm on Monday. A triple-zero had been made from inside the house. A…
THEY WERE FOUND IN THE DEEPEST PART OF THE CAVE… — ELITE RESCUERS MAKE HEARTBREAKING DISCOVERY DAYS AFTER MALDIVES DIVING TRAGEDY
Elite Finnish divers have located the bodies of a team of Italians four days after they disappeared in sea caves in the Maldives. Tragedy struck on Thursday after five – including a mother and daughter – died while attempting to explore…
End of content
No more pages to load