Caitlin Clark SNAPS After Eye-Poke Incident—Wild Scene Erupts in Commissioner’s Cup Clash
What was supposed to be a showcase Commissioner’s Cup battle between the Indiana Fever and the Connecticut Sun turned into a full-on firestorm after an alarming eye-poke incident involving rookie standout Jacy Sheldon and WNBA sensation Caitlin Clark.
In the third quarter of a high-stakes matchup, Sheldon appeared to jab Clark in the eye during a heated defensive sequence. Clark immediately winced in pain and then—snapped.

Clark Has to Be Physically Restrained
Within seconds, cameras captured Caitlin Clark aggressively moving toward Sheldon, needing to be physically held back by teammates and staff as emotions boiled over on the court. The moment sent shockwaves across the WNBA fanbase, especially given Clark’s normally composed demeanor.
“She’s had ENOUGH. You could see it in her eyes,” one fan wrote on X.
“This league has a serious officiating problem if THAT doesn’t get called,” said another.
League Under Fire (Again)
The play in question—which went uncalled by the refs—has reignited criticism of the WNBA’s officiating, especially regarding how physical defenders are allowed to be with Caitlin Clark.
The incident comes on the heels of multiple previous controversial no-calls involving Clark, and fans—and even rival coaches—are beginning to question if the league is doing enough to protect its rising star.
Several insiders have claimed that multiple franchises are now pressuring the league office to clarify how physicality will be handled moving forward, especially when it comes to defending high-profile players.
More Than Just a Game
The Commissioner’s Cup was supposed to be about strategy, talent, and playoff implications. But now, the spotlight is squarely on the league’s officiating standards—and Caitlin Clark’s boiling frustration is becoming symbolic of something larger: a growing disconnect between league leadership and player safety.
As Clark continues to rise in popularity and scrutiny, one thing is clear: the WNBA can no longer ignore the warning signs.
News
THE BEST PERIOD DRAMA SINCE DOWNTON ABBEY? — VIEWERS ARE RACING THROUGH THE NEW SEASON OF THIS YORKSHIRE FAMILY SAGA
Viewers are binge-watching Channel 5’s smash hit period drama, The Hardacres, which returned with a second season on Thursday night. The rags-to-riches tale, based on CL Skelton’s The Hardacre Saga novels, is set in 1890s Yorkshire and follows the titular Hardacre family…
NETFLIX’S NEW 8-EPISODE CRIME THRILLER HAS VIEWERS LOSING SLEEP — THE CAT-AND-MOUSE SERIES EVERYONE IS BINGEING WITHOUT STOPPING
Netflix viewers have been binge-watching Nemesis, the gritty new crime drama that landed on the streamer on Thursday. Told across eight episodes, the series stars Matthew Law (Abbott Elementary, Ahsoka) and Y’lan Noel (Lady in the Lake, Insecure), who play Detective Isaiah…
MAFS UK UNDER INTENSE SCRUTINY… — POLICE INVESTIGATION REPORTED AFTER SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AS FUTURE OF SHOW THROWN INTO DOUBT
Married at First Sight UK likely faces a police probe and the axe after two women claimed they were raped by their on-screen husbands – and one alleged victim said she was forced to have an abortion. Shona Manderson, who has waived her…
8 YEARS LATER… MEGHAN MARKLE RELEASES NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN WEDDING PHOTOS WITH HARRY — BUT FANS CAN’T STOP TALKING ABOUT WHO WASN’T INCLUDED
Meghan Markle celebrated her eighth wedding anniversary with Prince Harry today, as she shared a collection of previously unseen photographs from their big day on Instagram. ‘Eight years ago today…’, she captioned the two posts, with one showing a glimpse of the…
PLEASE DON’T LET HIS D-E-A-T-H BE FOR NOTHING — HEARTBROKEN MUM’S EMOTIONAL MESSAGE AFTER 14-YEAR-OLD DI-ES IN STOLEN CAR CRASH SHAKES AUSTRALIA
A heartbroken mother has issued a sobering plea to young criminals after her 14-year-old son was killed in a stolen car crash in Victoria. Chereeta Wightman is desperate for the death of her son Connroy to not be in vain…
IT WAS ALL SET UP? — KONRAD BENJAMIN CLAIMS KARL STEFANOVIC INTERVIEW WAS ‘STAGED’, SPARKING EXPLOSIVE DEBATE OVER WHAT HAPPENED OFF-CAMERA
A popular political commentator has questioned whether he was ‘stitched up’ by Karl Stefanovic when he walked into an interview only to face off with a rival guest. Konrad Benjamin, 37, runs the YouTube channel Punter’s Politics, which analyses issues…
End of content
No more pages to load