The mother of a 25-year-old West Australian man has expressed her growing fears for her son after he failed to check in for his flight to a FIFO stint from Perth.
Jenny O’Byrne had breakfast with her son Bill Carter on Saturday, December 6 at a cafe in Kelmscott where she took a selfie with him.
She then drove Mr Carter to Terminal 3 at Perth Airport where he was dropped off at 12.40pm for a 2.15pm flight.
He was set to head to a mine site at Cape Lambert, near Karratha, for a FIFO stint.
Mr Carter was due to board the flight with a small bag as most of his belongings were understood to have remained onsite at the mine.
Jenny O’Byrne said her son’s disappearance was uncharacteristic. Picture: Facebook
Ms O’Byrne said her son’s disappearance was uncharacteristic, holding serious concerns for his health.
She also said Bill had been battling with his mental health.
“This is completely out of character for him, he has been displaying some quite bizarre behaviours, he does normally take anxiety medication but he’s been off that for about the last five months and that was a scheduled tailoring off,” she told PerthNow.
“But I think there’s been some other things that have gone on in his life, a situational crisis, and that’s so often the case in the mental health field.
IC Markets
Gold Is Surging in 2025 — Smart Traders Are Already In
IC Markets
How to Trade ETH/USD Without Holding Ether
by Taboola
“He’s a very quiet affable chap, he’s someone that everybody enjoys – he’s not loud and garish.
“He’s very quiet, he’s been going through some challenges recently, and because he’s so quiet in nature, some of those challenges have been missed because he’s not very talkative.
“As a family we’re very supportive, I spoke to him a little bit on Saturday about what his concerns were, told him he has the full support of the family, we’re financially very solvent here and overseas.
“It’s just simply a case of when someone’s not well and they’re going through a situational crisis they don’t see the world as we would see it, they see it altered.”
Ms O’Byrne said she believed her son may have had phone contact with someone at 1.05pm on the Saturday but that his mobile had been switched off since about 1.45pm.
Her son has not been heard from or seen since.
WA Police issued a statement calling for help from the public to find Mr Carter.
“Bunbury Police have welfare concerns for 25-year-old man William Patrick Carter, who has not been seen or heard from since Saturday, December 6 2025,” the statement read.
“Anyone with any information regarding the whereabouts of William Carter is urged to contact police immediately on 131 444.”
He has been described by police as approximately 174cm tall, of slim build, with brown hair and blue eyes.
HELP IS AVAILABLE
If you are facing a mental health crisis or suicidal ideation, you are not alone. Help is available.
Lifeline: 13 11 14 lifeline.org.au
Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467 suicidecallbackservice.org.au
Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636
MensLine Australia: 1300 789 978
News
AN ORDINARY MORNING BREAKFAST RUN IN SUBURBAN MELBOURNE TURNED INTO A DAYLIGHT H0RR0R — SH0CKING ATTACK CAUGHT ON CAMERA LEAVES COMMUNITY STUNNED
It was supposed to be an ordinary Saturday morning in Melbourne’s leafy suburbia. Instead, two Sydney assassins in black lay in wait, armed and ready to kill. Feared underworld bully Gavin Preston never knew what hit him. His mate Abbas Maghnie had a…
MAFS STAR BREAKS DOWN AFTER SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT VANISHES AMID FASHION WEEK CONTROVERSY — ‘MY LIVELIHOOD IS GONE’ AS DRAMA TAKES ANOTHER SH0CKING TURN
Married At First Sight bride Bec Zacharia has made an emotional plea for her Instagram account to be reinstated after she claims she was mass-reported in the wake of a fashion scandal that erupted during Australian Fashion Week. The controversial reality star,…
TEEN OFFENDER KI-L-LED AFTER STOLEN UTE SMASHES INTO TREE IN H0RROR LATE-NIGHT CRASH — TWO OTHER TEENS NOW FIGHTING FOR THEIR LIVES AS SH0CKING DETAILS EMERGE
A notorious teen offender has died while two other teenagers are fighting for their lives after the allegedly stolen ute they were driving in veered off a highway and crashed into a tree. Police say an 18-year-old driver and his…
VIEWERS ARE BINGE-WATCHING THIS ‘BRILLIANT’ PERIOD DRAMA BEING CALLED THE BEST ARISTOCRATIC SAGA SINCE A TV LEGEND — AND ITS RETURN IS ALREADY SPARKING A NEW OBSESSION
Viewers are binge-watching Channel 5’s smash hit period drama, The Hardacres, which returned with a second season on Thursday night. The rags-to-riches tale, based on CL Skelton’s The Hardacre Saga novels, is set in 1890s Yorkshire and follows the titular Hardacre…
BBC’S NEW GREEK-SET DRAMA IS ALREADY BEING CALLED THE MUST-WATCH SERIES OF MAY — AN IDYLLIC HOLIDAY TURNS INTO A WEB OF SECRETS, TENSION AND A SHOCK NO ONE SAW COMING
Looking for a gripping new drama to binge-watch this month? You’re in luck because the BBC’s new eight-part series, Two Weeks in August, arrives on 23 May – and it looks seriously good. The BBC has unveiled a tension-filled trailer for…
NETFLIX VIEWERS CAN’T STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS MYSTERY THRI-LLER — IT DROPPED DAYS AGO, SHOT STRAIGHT UP THE CHARTS, AND THE ENDING HAS PEOPLE SPLIT IN HALF… BUT THE BIGGEST SHOCK? NOBODY SAW THAT FINAL TWIST COMING
Netflix viewers have been binge-watching Nemesis, the gritty new crime drama that landed on the streamer on Thursday. Told across eight episodes, the series stars Matthew Law (Abbott Elementary, Ahsoka) and Y’lan Noel (Lady in the Lake, Insecure), who play Detective Isaiah…
End of content
No more pages to load