Two sisters who had visited their grandmother to celebrate her birthday were among those killed.
Dhir and Heer Baxi, both in their 20s, had travelled from their homes in London to Ahmedabad for a surprise visit and were returning when the flight crashed.

Heer (L) and Dhir Baxi with their grandmother whose birthday they had just celebrated in India
Their family and friends said that “everything has vanished” in their world after the “young talents” were killed.
Dhir, a designer, graduated from Parsons Paris art and design school in 2024 with a bachelor of fine arts degree in fashion design, while Heer worked in London after graduating from Barnard College, a liberal arts college affiliated with Columbia University, with a bachelor of arts in economics and east Asian languages and cultures.
She had previously worked in Hong Kong and Singapore, where the sisters are believed to have grown up.
Dhir’s Instagram profile reads “Paris and London”, and most of her posts are photo shoots of her clothing with various collaborators. Her family said she was about to return to the French capital for a show.
Their elder brother, Ishan Baxi, told The Telegraph: “I can’t express what my complete family is going through – shell shocked, not coming to terms is what I can say right now
“Both had a natural aura of helping and always cared about family values. They both had aspirations to be successful enough to roam around the world, tension-free. Along with their parents, they both had a proclivity towards modernisation without changing traditional values.
“Both my sisters know what is right and what is wrong, thus whatever work they carried out, in academics or fashion, they always got success with no conflicts amongst peers or seniors.”
On Heer’s last Instagram post from November 2024, a comment was added on Thursday evening that said: “RIP young talent”, alongside a photo of a model wearing one of Dhir’s dress designs with a traditional gajra, a flower garland, in her hair.
News
30 YEARS AFTER AUSTRALIA’S DARKEST CRI-MES… SNOWTOWN FIGURE JAMES VLASSAKIS IS FINALLY UNMASKED AGAIN
The youngest of the three infamous Snowtown killers has been pictured for the first time. The Court of Appeal on Tuesday lifted a gag order on James Spyridon Vlassakis’ image, which has been in place for more than 25 years….
Unmasked: Campbelltown man accused of ki-lling a woman and two boys – as new details emerge of his alleged triple-0 call…and the final act cops allege he planned to carry out
A man accused of stabbing a woman and two boys to death had allegedly planned to kill himself, but instead he allegedly phoned triple-0 and said: ‘I kill … with knives.’ Md Shomon Ahamed, 47, was arrested at a property in…
PRIME VIDEO’S NEW 8-EPISODE ROMANCE IS ALREADY BREAKING HEARTS — THE ADAPTATION OF A ‘BREATHTAKING’ BESTSELLER ABOUT FIRST LOVE FANS SAY THEY’RE NOT EMOTIONALLY READY FOR
Calling all romance fans! Prime Video’s upcoming eight-part series, Every Year After, hits TV screens this June – and it’s shaping up to be a must-watch for anyone who loves a messy love story. The series, which comes from Sex and the…
‘STAIN’S NAME STILL HITS DIFFERENT…’ — RICO RECKLEZZ OPENS UP ABOUT WUGAWORLD LOSS, PAIN, LOYALTY AND THE EMOTIONS THAT NEVER LEFT
Rico Recklezz is back in headlines after addressing the legacy of Stain WugaWorld and speaking openly about the emotions that still remain years after the loss. The remarks quickly circulated across social media, drawing intense reactions from fans familiar with…
SOCIAL MEDIA BAN SH0CKER… — MAFS BRIDE BEC ZACHARIA HIT WITH PERMANENT INSTAGRAM BAN AFTER $20,000 LIE EXPLODES
Married At First Sight’s Bec Zacharia has been permanently banned from Instagram just days after her account was temporarily taken down for violating guidelines. The Adelaide-based bride, 35, confirmed to Daily Mail that Instagram has rejected her appeal overnight and…
PAST OF SUSPECT EMERGES AFTER CAMPBELLTOWN HOME H0RROR… — MAN CHARGED OVER ALLEGED TRIPLE MU-RDER AS POLICE REVEAL NEW DETAILS ABOUT HIS RELATIONSHIP TO VICTIMS
A Sydney father has been charged with murdering his wife and two children in an alleged domestic violence attack police have described as among the most brutal they have seen. The 47-year-old was arrested at a Campbelltown property in south-western Sydney on Monday night…
End of content
No more pages to load