Two popular ITV daytime shows will be involved in a huge schedule shake-up on Wednesday.
Loose Women, which usually airs weekdays from 12:30pm to 1:30pm, will be be off air on Wednesday.
Anchor of the programme Ruth Langsford announced the news at the end of Tuesday’s instalment of the programme.
Instead viewers will be treated to The Chancellor’s Statement, which will play out on the channel instead.
Ruth told viewers: ‘We’ve got to go unfortunately! We’d love to stay for the afternoon…
‘We’re not here tomorrow either because of the spring statement.
+4
View gallery
Loose Women CANCELLED as Ruth Langsford announces huge ITV schedule shake-up – and This Morning is slashed too
+4
View gallery
This means that This Morning, which is hosted by Cat Deeley and Ben Shephard (pictured) will also finish 15 minutes earlier
‘I’m sure you’re all looking forward to that!’
Mariella Frostrup asked: ‘It’s not called a budget anymore?’
‘No it’s the spring statement tomorrow,’ Ruth replied.
‘We are going to be back on Thursday with Adolescence actor Mark Stanley.
‘Hopefully you can join us then. Till then have a lovely afternoon, good bye!’
The Chancellor’s Statement will start at 12:15pm and wrap up at 1:50pm, meaning that the segment will total up to one hour and 35 minutes.
The TV guide states: ‘What the Chancellor’s Statement means for households around the UK.’
Chancellor of the Exchequer Rachel Reeves will be delivering The Spring Statement.
But this isn’t the only telly show that the news will affect.
It means that This Morning will also finish 15 minutes earlier.
The TV show, which is usually hosted by Cat Deeley and Ben Shephard on Wednesdays, airs between 10:00am and 12:30pm.
It’s not the first time that the ITV daytime show has been pulled from our screens in a major schedule shake-up.
Earlier this month it was revealed that Loose Women wouldn’t be airing between March 11 and 14.
After a very emotional episode surprising Coleen Nolan’s 60th birthday, the panel revealed the devastating news.
Kaye Adams, 62, told viewers: ‘We’re off for the rest of the week sadly, but we will be back next Wednesday.’
+4
View gallery
Kaye Adams, 62, told viewers: ‘We’re off for the rest of the week sadly, but we will be back next Wednesday’
Instead viewers saw footage from Cheltenham Festival from 12:45pm until 5pm from Tuesday until the end of the week.
This was followed by the usual instalments of The Chase and ITV News.
Cheltenham Festival ran from Tuesday 11 March 2025 to Friday 14 March 2025.