The man died soon after arriving back on shore. Image / Google Maps

The man died soon after arriving back on shore. Image / Google Maps

A man has died following a horror shark attack in Far North Queensland.

The 39-year-old was rushed by boat to the Hull River Heads boat ramp near Tully Heads – about 120km south of Cairns – where paramedics were waiting for him at around 12pm (local time) on Sunday.

However, he died from his injuries soon afterwards.

Police said the man had been attacked by a shark while out at Kennedy Shoal.

“The man was retrieved from the water and died from his injuries.”

The Queensland Ambulance earlier said paramedics had been called to meet the injured man at the ramp.

“One male patient in his 30s is being assessed in a life-threatening condition at the Hull River Heads Boat Ramp following a reported shark attack at 12.03pm,” it said in an earlier statement.

Paramedics met the man at the Hull River Boat Ramp near Tully Heads in Far North Queensland on Sunday. Photo / Google MapsParamedics met the man at the Hull River Boat Ramp near Tully Heads in Far North Queensland on Sunday. Photo / Google Maps

The fatal attack comes just a week after father of two Steven “Mattas” Mattaboni was killed by a great white shark near Rottnest Island off the Western Australia coast.

Mattaboni, 38, was out with friends when the shark bit him on the leg on May 16.

Spearfisherman Steven Mattaboni was killed in a shark attack off the West Australia coast last week. Photo / SuppliedSpearfisherman Steven Mattaboni was killed in a shark attack off the West Australia coast last week. Photo / Supplied

His friends were spotted consoling each other shortly afterwards, having witnessed the entire attack before retrieving his body from the water and performing CPR.

Mattaboni’s wife, Shirene Mattaboni, described him as “fiercely loyal, endlessly generous, and the kind of man who would give you the shirt off his back” in a heartbreaking statement.

Steven Mattaboni (right) with his wife Shirene Mattaboni.Steven Mattaboni (right) with his wife Shirene Mattaboni.

“Our hearts are irrevocably broken by the loss of Steven, known affectionately to his mates as ‘Mattas’,” she told the West Australian.

“The world has lost a truly one-of-a-kind gentleman, and our daughters have lost an incredible father far too soon.”

SOURCE: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/fatal-shark-attack-man-killed-in-far-north-queensland-just-a-week-after-fatal-incident-in-west-australia/D6UTFYGFZRG25CLREM7PC4R6MA/