P0lice Hand Over Sanson Home After F.atal Fire—Family Still Waiting for Answers as Investigation Continues: “WE NEED THE TRUTH”

 

Police Complete Forensic Examination, Return Sanson Property to Family After Fatal House Fire

Close-knit Manawatū town share in a mother’s grief

Police have returned the Sanson property where three young children and an adult died in a house fire last week, following the completion of a forensic scene examination. The blaze, which broke out at approximately 2:30 p.m. on November 15 in Manawatū, remains under investigation as a suspected homicide.

Emergency services responded in large numbers after reports of a fire at the rural address. Police later confirmed that three children and an adult male were found deceased at the scene. The incident prompted a full forensic inquiry, with investigators conducting detailed examinations of the property over several days.

Manawatū Area Commander Inspector Ross Grantham said on Thursday that the scene assessment had concluded and the house had been formally handed back to the family. However, he cautioned that families seeking answers would need to wait as investigators continue their work.

“The investigation into the fatal incident is ongoing, and it will take time for us to get answers for the family,” Grantham said. He added that police remain in contact with relatives and will provide updates as new information is verified.

Victims Identified

Không có mô tả ảnh.

Police also released the identities of those who died in the incident. They were:

Goldie May Iris Field, 1
Hugo John Field, 5
August James Field, 7
Dean Michael Field, 36

Authorities confirmed earlier that the deaths are being treated as homicides. No arrests have been announced, and police have not publicly named any suspects. Officials continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding the fire, including events leading up to the incident and the cause of ignition.

Mother Releases Public Statement

The children’s mother, Chelsey Field, issued a public statement on Wednesday expressing grief over the loss of her three children. She described them as her “world” and thanked the public for their support during the ongoing investigation. Police did not release additional details regarding her statement but said they remain in contact with the family.

Grantham acknowledged the emotional toll the tragedy has taken on relatives and the wider community, noting that forensic processes can take considerable time.

“We understand the family is seeking closure,” he said. “Our priority is to ensure the investigation is thorough so we can provide accurate answers.”

Investigation Continues

Man, three children found dead after house fire in Sanson

With the property returned to the family, police will now focus on evidence analysis, interviews, and compiling findings for further review. Specialist units have been involved in the investigation, including fire experts and homicide detectives.

Police have not released further comment on how long forensic analysis will take or when new information may be made public. The case will likely proceed through multiple investigative stages before findings are confirmed for release.

Work continues to determine:

The precise cause of the fire
The sequence of events before and during the blaze
Any factors contributing to the deaths
Whether criminal charges will follow

Authorities have not discussed potential motives or circumstances surrounding the incident.

Community Support and Response

The Sanson community, located between Bulls and Feilding, has expressed shock and sadness in the days following the tragedy. Local officials and support organisations have offered services to residents affected by the event, including counselling and welfare assistance.

Police encouraged members of the public with relevant information to come forward.

“We are still building a full picture of what occurred,” Grantham said. “Anyone who saw or heard anything that may assist the investigation should contact police.”

Next Steps

Once forensic findings are complete, evidence will be submitted for legal review. If the case proceeds to court, further details may be revealed through judicial proceedings rather than public briefing.

For now, authorities maintain that the investigation remains active and that updates will be released only when verified to avoid speculation.

“This is a complex and sensitive case,” Grantham said. “Our focus remains on securing answers through a methodical and evidence-based investigation.”

 

Related Posts

Our Privacy policy

https://updatetinus.com - © 2025 News