“HE OBVIOUSLY MENTALLY F.LIPPED” — Neighbors Stunned After Tra.gic Sanson House Fire Ki.lls Father & 3 Kids Amid Possible Plot, P0lice Say

HE OBVIOUSLY MENTALLY FLIPPED”: COMMUNITY SHAKEN AS SANSON HOUSE FIRE THAT KILLED FATHER & THREE CHILDREN RULED HOMICIDE

Sanson deaths now being treated as homicide, police confirm | RNZ News

A quiet community in Manawatū has been left devastated after police confirmed a deadly house fire in Sanson, which claimed the lives of a father and his three young children on Saturday, is now being formally treated as a homicide investigation.

Police continued a detailed forensic examination of the burnt-out property on Monday as investigators worked to establish the circumstances that led to what authorities have described as an “unimaginable” tragedy. The incident has stunned residents, many of whom watched emergency crews battle the blaze and later learned that an entire family had been killed.

The father, whose name has not yet been publicly released, has already undergone a post-mortem examination, while the three children are scheduled to undergo post-mortems on Tuesday. Police say these findings will take time to process and may be critical in determining the sequence of events inside the house prior to the fire.

Manawatū Area Commander Inspector Ross Grantham confirmed that police are not seeking any other suspects, indicating that all individuals involved are believed to have been inside the home at the time of the incident.

“A forensic examination of the scene is ongoing,” Grantham said. “It will take some time to get the results once that examination has been completed. A team of police staff are working hard to get answers for the family, but I want to stress to the public that we will not have these answers immediately.”

Authorities have not disclosed the suspected cause of the fire, but investigators are treating the deaths as homicide, rather than accidental or purely fire-related fatalities. Police have confirmed they are examining digital records, communications, and the family’s recent movements as part of the inquiry.

🔹 Community in Shock

Death of three children and father after Sanson fire being treated as murder-suicide  | RNZ News

Residents of the small rural township described the fire as fast-moving and intense, engulfing the home before emergency crews arrived. Some reported hearing what sounded like shouting or commotion moments before flames erupted.

One neighbour, who said she witnessed the fire from her front fence, described the scene as chaotic and deeply distressing.

“HE OBVIOUSLY MENTALLY FLIPPED,” she said, claiming the father appeared distressed and agitated in the moments before the blaze. The witness further recalled seeing smoke pouring from multiple parts of the home almost simultaneously, suggesting the fire may have ignited rapidly rather than starting from a single source.

Other residents said they attempted to call out to the occupants but flames quickly blocked entry points, forcing bystanders to wait for emergency services.

“It all happened in minutes,” one neighbour said. “We just stood there hoping they would come out, but they never did.”

🔹 Police Response & Ongoing Investigation

Fire and Emergency New Zealand (FENZ) teams extinguished the fire early Saturday morning, but the scene remained cordoned off for forensic work, including chemical analysis, structural assessment, and evaluation of burn patterns consistent with accelerants or intentional ignition points.

Detectives are also interviewing relatives, neighbours, and school contacts to construct a timeline of recent events affecting the family.

Police have appealed to the public for any video footage, social media recordings, or dash-cam captures taken around the time of the fire.

A mobile police base has been set up near the site with staff available to speak to community members.

🔹 A Community Grieving

Death of three children and father after Sanson fire being treated as murder-suicide  | RNZ News

Local schools and churches have begun offering support services as news spreads across the region. The children, described as bright, polite, and active in community sports, were well-known locally.

A memorial of flowers, toys, and handwritten notes has begun to form along the roadside near the burned home.

“Our hearts are broken,” said one community volunteer. “The whole region is grieving. This is something we may never understand.”

🔹 What Happens Next

Investigators expect the forensic fire analysis to take several weeks, while post-mortem results may offer further clarity sooner. Police say no further public updates will be provided until key evidence has been processed.

“We ask the community for patience and privacy for the family,” Inspector Grantham said.

The fire remains an active homicide inquiry.

 

Related Posts

Our Privacy policy

https://updatetinus.com - © 2025 News