This is the eerie moment tragic racing star Kyle Busch radioed for medical assistance from his car in the middle of one of his final NASCAR races just days before his death.
Busch died at the age of just 41 on Thursday, and no cause of death has yet been revealed for the man who has won more NASCAR races than anyone else in history.
Soon after his death was announced, a clip from one of his final ever races went viral, at Watkins Glen in upstate New York on May 10.
With 38 laps to go in the NASCAR Cup Series game, Busch told his team over the radio: ‘Can somebody try to find Bill Heisel? He’s the kindred doctor guy.
‘Tell him I need him after the race, please.’
He was then asked whether he needed the doctor at his car or his bus, to which he replied: ‘Uh, bus. I’m going to need a shot.’

+7
View gallery
Kyle Busch radioed his team to ask for a doctor in the middle of his penultimate NASCAR race

+7
View gallery
The shock death of NASCAR star Busch was announced on Thursday afternoon
TRENDING

NASCAR legend Kyle Busch dead at 41
130.8k viewing now

Inside Vanessa Trump’s private cancer agony and Tiger Woods’s response
19k viewing now

Busch’s shock death is just the latest tragedy to haunt cursed NASCAR
21.2k viewing now
According to the TV broadcast, Busch had been struggling with a sinus cold that was exacerbated by the intense G-forces and elevation changes at the New York road course.
Busch went on to finish that race in eighth place, and five days later on May 15 he spoke to the media to give further details about his ongoing illness.
‘You can still hear it… I’m still not great,’ he said. ‘The cough was pretty substantial last week.’
Busch went on to claim his record fifth NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series trophy that day, despite clearly still struggling with illness.
Following his death, which came just six days after the victory, a heartbreaking clip of Busch’s post-race interview resurfaced.
After earning his 69th career Trucks Series race win with the triumph at Dover, Busch was asked how many races he wanted to win in his career before he stops racing.
Join the discussion137 comments
What do you think NASCAR should do to better protect drivers dealing with health issues during races?

+7
View gallery
The Busch family celebrated Brexton’s 11th birthday just three days before Kyle’s passing

+7
View gallery
The legendary NASCAR driver, a two-time champion, poses for a selfie with his wife Samantha
‘You take whatever you can get, man,’ Busch said. ‘You never know when the last one is going to be, so cherish them all – trust me.’
It remains unclear whether his sinus issues and cough were related to the cause of his death.
In the wake of his shock passing, tributes have flooded in from NASCAR and across the racing world.
‘Our entire NASCAR family is heartbroken by the loss of Kyle Busch,’ NASCAR shared in a statement on behalf of Busch’s family and his team, Richard Childress Racing.
‘A future Hall of Famer, Kyle was a rare talent, one who comes along once in a generation. He was fierce, he was passionate, he was immensely skilled and he cared deeply about the sport and fans.

+7
View gallery
Busch (No 8 in green) radioed in to his crew requesting medical aid during a race on May 10

+7
View gallery
The Las Vegas native won championships in 2015 and 2019 with Joe Gibbs Racing
‘Throughout a career that spanned more than two decades, Kyle set records in national series wins, won championships at NASCAR’s highest level and fostered the next generation of drivers as an owner in the Truck Series.
‘His sharp wit and competitive spirit sparked a deep emotional connection with race fans of every age, creating the proud and loyal “Rowdy Nation”.
‘Our thoughts are with Samantha, Brexton and Lennix, Kyle and Samantha’s parents, Kurt and all of Kyle’s family, Richard and Judy Childress, everyone at Richard Childress Racing, his teammates, friends and fans.
‘NASCAR lost a giant of the sport today, far too soon. During this incredibly difficult time, we ask everyone to respect the family’s privacy and continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers.’
News
THIS HARROWING BBC DOCUMENTARY ABOUT A MAN ABUSED SO BRUTALLY BY HIS GIRLFRIEND THAT DOCTORS SAID HE WAS DAYS FROM D-E:ATH IS LEAVING VIEWERS COMPLETELY SHAKEN!
Harrowing BBC documentary Abused By My Girlfriend resurfaces and it leaves viewers ‘reminding themselves to breathe’ Alex faced unimaginable abuse at the hands of girlfriend Jordan Abused By My Girlfriend is the shocking BBC documentary viewers are rediscovering on iPlayer, with…
WILLIAM’S INNER CIRCLE TOOK OVER THE CELEBRATIONS…— Prince William reportedly celebrated Aston Villa’s unforgettable cup victory alongside some of his oldest and closest friends before later joining players and glamorous WAGs at a raucous after-party.
The final whistle in Istanbul last night secured Aston Villa their first major trophy in 30 years, but also unleashed an intensity of emotion in Prince William never seen before. Red-faced, teeth clenched, fists shaking, the Prince threw himself into the air and bellowed…
WILLIAM COULD BARELY SPEAK HOURS LATER…— Prince William made a shocking gesture while celebrating Aston Villa’s dramatic “surreal” victory from the stands, even joking he was ready to join fans “dancing in the fountains” after the emotional win.
Prince William threw his arms around fellow fans and joked he would go dancing in the fountains as he celebrated Aston Villa‘s ‘surreal’ win in the Europa League final. The Prince, 43, was eager to revel in the occasion with other supporters, even beckoning…
SHE STARTED ATTACKING STAFF OVER A WRONG ORDER…— A shocking scene unfolded inside a Tim Hortons after a 75-year-old woman allegedly became violent toward young workers over a mistaken order before later suffering a fatal heart attack.
Shocking surveillance footage captured the moment a raging elderly woman flew into a frenzy at Tim Hortons workers before having a fatal heart attack. Anita Grayson, 75, was seen berating young workers at the coffee shop in Fort Wayne, Indiana,…
“You’ve got massive fertiliser hikes due to the war (in Iran), you’ve got fuel shortages and fuel price hikes,” he told Daily Mail.
Thousands of rodents and burrows have been found in crops across the Mid West, Wheatbelt and Goldfields regions over the past month, with agriculture experts warning the so-called “mouse plague” could cost the industry more than $1 billion. CSIRO mouse…
“This outbreak is another cost on top of that, and potentially in a year where budgets were already pretty tight before the war began.
Thousands of rodents and burrows have been found in crops across the Mid West, Wheatbelt and Goldfields regions over the past month, with agriculture experts warning the so-called “mouse plague” could cost the industry more than $1 billion. CSIRO mouse…
End of content
No more pages to load