A Wisconsin man allegedly murdered his wife and later gave her wedding ring to his new fiancée, whom he met on Tinder.
Aaron Nelson, 43, allegedly killed 42-year-old Alexis Nelson and hid her body before claiming that she had died of cancer and gifting her precious ring to a new girlfriend he met online.
Alexis’ body still has not been found.

Prosecutors said that on April 2, 2025, he created a new Facebook account under the name ‘James Nelson,’ and even changed his relationship status to ‘widowed,’ according to WISC News.
Neighbor Carrie Peaine told WITI-TV News that she typically only saw Alexis alongside her husband and often heard the couple fighting inside their home.
‘I still, I wish he would just tell ’em where her body is,’ Peaine told the outlet. ‘What he did with her at least, you know. The family needs it.’
On Friday, Aaron was arrested and charged with first-degree intentional homicide and hiding a corpse in ‘connection with the disappearance of his wife,’ according to cops.
He appeared in Dodge County Court the following day, where a judge set his bond at $1 million cash.
‘The Dodge County Sheriff’s Office recognizes that this investigation has been difficult for Alexis Nelson’s family and many within the community,’ the sheriff’s office wrote in a statement.

+4
View gallery
Aaron Nelson, 43, of Wisconsin, allegedly killed his wife Alexis Nelson, hid her body and gave her wedding ring to a new girlfriend he met on Tinder last year before they moved in together just weeks later

+4
View gallery
A neighbor said she only saw Alexis Nelson, 42 (pictured), alongside her husband and often heard the couple fighting inside their home
‘Because this matter is now before the court, and out of respect for the family, the judicial process, and the continued integrity of the investigation, no further details or comments will be released by law enforcement at this time,’ they added.
The arrest followed an investigation into Alexis’ disappearance after family members reported her missing, telling authorities they had not heard from her since May 2025.
In February, the sheriff’s office released a missing-person flyer for Alexis, announcing that both it and the Beaver Dam Police Department were actively searching for clues about her whereabouts.
Investigators determined the couple, who lived together in Beaver Dam, were last seen together on March 28, 2025, on surveillance footage from the convenience store Kwik Trip, according to Law & Crime.
Cellphone records allegedly showed she later moved to Sun Prairie – about 30 miles south – marking her last known activity.
In a criminal complaint obtained by Law & Crime, prosecutors allege that just one day later – March 30, 2025 – Aaron purchased a 32-gallon trash can.
Prosecutors claim that additional evidence uncovered in the following weeks also pointed to his responsibility for his wife’s death, including allegedly giving others conflicting accounts of what happened to her.
The criminal complaint alleges that Aaron told different people his wife had died, claiming to some that it was due to excessive alcohol use and to others that it was cancer, according to WISC News.

+4
View gallery
On March 30, 2025, Aaron allegedly purchased a 32-gallon bucket. Authorities said the bucket tested positive for Alexis’ blood and contained evidence consistent with human decomposition

+4
View gallery
The body of Alexis Nelson, 42, has yet to be recovered
It also claims that he was abusive toward Alexis and that a domestic incident led her to file a restraining order, resulting in him having to live with a coworker.
By April, according to prosecutors, Aaron had created a new Facebook profile, changed his status to ‘widowed,’ and met another woman on Tinder, where he soon began a relationship.
Police interviewed his new girlfriend, who said the couple had moved in together by the end of May.
During the interview, detectives noticed she was wearing an engagement ring that was later determined to be Alexis’ wedding ring from her marriage to Aaron, according to court documents.
In June, a search warrant was executed at Aaron’s girlfriend’s home, where investigators found the 32-gallon container he had purchased months earlier, according to WISC News.
Authorities said the bucket tested positive for Alexis’ blood and contained evidence consistent with human decomposition.
Cadaver dogs deployed in the search also indicated the possible scent of human remains, supporting investigators’ findings.
Still, Alexis’ body has not yet been found.
Nelson was booked into the Dodge County Jail and is scheduled back in court on May 28.
News
Channel 4 has confirmed the cast for its next gripping must-watch, Wrong Move, and it will feature stars from Poldark and Harry Potter
Channel 4 has confirmed the cast for its next gripping must-watch, Wrong Move, and it will feature stars from Poldark and Harry Potter hannel 4 has just announced Wrong Move, a six-part dark comedy-thriller starring the likes of Poldark’s Eleanor Tomlinson and The Guest’s Eve Myles. The…
THIS BRILLIANT NEW CHANNEL 4 DRAMA ABOUT A FORBIDDEN ROMANCE BETWEEN A DEVOTED NUN AND A CATHOLIC PRIEST IS ALREADY BEING CALLED A HIDDEN TV GEM!
Keeley Hawes and Paapa Essiedu star in Channel 4’s new drama Falling, which explores the forbidden romance between a devoted nun and a Catholic priest Channel 4’s new romance drama, Falling, debuted on Tuesday night, and viewers have hailed the show…
WILLIAM AND KATE QUIETLY TOOK AN UNEXPECTED TURN…— Prince William and Princess Kate have reportedly surprised royal insiders after making a deeply personal gesture toward one elusive staff member who has remained loyally behind the scenes for years.
The Prince and Princess of Wales made a special mention of two important members of staff in King Charles’s New Year Honours List. he Prince and Princess of Wales have quietly given one of their most loyal staff members the ultimate royal seal…
JUST MINS AGO: Princess Charlotte has reportedly received sad news just as the young royal was preparing for major summer plans with her family.
Princess Charlotte is likely to be disappointed by the news that one of her favourite tennis stars, Carlos Alcaraz, has been ruled out of both The Queen’s Club Championships and Wimbledon due to an ongoing injury. The Spanish star took to X to share that he…
ARE THEY COPYING WILLIAM AND KATE? — Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are facing fresh accusations after sharing intimate wedding anniversary photos that critics claim look strikingly similar to the carefully curated style often used by Prince William and Princess Kate.
Meghan Markle has given fans a rare glimpse behind the scenes of her royal wedding as she celebrated eight years of marriage to Prince Harry. The Duchess of Sussex marked the special milestone on social media by posting a collection of intimate…
ONE SHOCKING DETAIL LEFT PEOPLE TALKING…— Meghan Markle has continued sharing intimate wedding anniversary moments with Prince Harry, including a quirky story about Harry gifting her a penguin statue after the couple wore matching onesies at their engagement party.
Meghan Markle has shared a sweet video of Prince Harry delivering a cake and gifting her a penguin statue present as the pair celebrate their eighth wedding anniversary. The couple wed at St George’s Chapel within the grounds of Windsor Castle in a ceremony attended by…
End of content
No more pages to load